Week 15 Titans vs. Giants

KingTitan

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't mean it to come off like that. I did intend for it to come off that everyone thinking Mariota was great in 2016 because of the numbers he put up was forming an opinion the wrong way. And yeah, I was hopeful he could grow too..but, alas, here we are.

And I try not to be arrogant. I am confident in my ability to judge QBs in the NFL, but that certainly does not mean I'm always right or anywhere close to it. And as confident as I am in my ability to evaluate them after I've seen some play from them in the NFL, I'm about as garbage as it gets when it comes to evaluating them coming out of the draft. I thought Mariota was gonna doom the franchise, but he's turned out alright. I wanted to stick with Mett(I didn't like Mett at all, not sure anyone did lol, but I preferred that over spending the 2nd pick on Mariota) and figure out something else from there.

The thought of trading for Rivers back then enters my mind a lot..though I think if we'd done that we'd still be stuck with Ken Whisenhunt so I'm kinda glad we didn't.

I've absolutely been guilty of forming box score opinions on players on other teams, because I obviously don't watch every game, but I would say that is vastly untrue about the majority of Titans posters about the Titans.

Idk what stats Mariota has had in any game this season outside of the Eagles game, because I remember making a big deal out if his total yardage, but I think he's been below average in the majority of the games this season. Good against Pats and Cowboys, good in second half of Eagles and Chargers, and has left a lot to desire in probably every other game. In all of those games, excluding the Eagles, he also had somewhat of a running game where he didn't early on.

Idk what stats he had in either the Jets or the Jags games, I purposely didn't look them up after you brought them up to avoid appearing biased. I just thought he was meh in both of them.

I mean if Derrick Henry had 22 carries for 31 yards, and then busts a 99 yarder, does that mean he had a good game? 23 carries for 130 yards? That's how I feel about holding call on Davis making his stats look good last week.

small note on a play that happened while the forum was down- did anyone catch rashaan evans knifing into the backfield and absolutely crushing saquon for a loss early in the second half? that was awesome. 

also, i still feel like we really need to replace taywan taylor. dude just has stone hands and has dropped way, way too many open passes this year. getting a guy like marquise brown if he slides to the 2nd round would be ideal, imo.

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

small note on a play that happened while the forum was down- did anyone catch rashaan evans knifing into the backfield and absolutely crushing saquon for a loss early in the second half? that was awesome. 

also, i still feel like we really need to replace taywan taylor. dude just has stone hands and has dropped way, way too many open passes this year. getting a guy like marquise brown if he slides to the 2nd round would be ideal, imo.

Entire WR corp outside of Davis needs replacing honestly.

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Adam Humphries should be an off-season target. Could be like Kupp in this offense. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

He's pretty much Alex Smith but doesn't have the virtue of Andy Reid play designs where the ball gets out quick to people wide open in space. He also doesn't have the curse of having Andy Reid be his coach come playoff time, I guess, as a positive pay off.

I think he is more Eli Manning than anything. Eli has never been a great. He has been a leader and made plays when it counted (in the past). 

Numbers have always been iffy and even with two super bowls never earned the love of the media. 

26 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

For someone that was never overly optimistic about the pick, I’m getting pretty excited about the long-term potential of the Evans/Jayon pairing inside.

Archived