Week 15 Titans vs. Giants

KingTitan

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Maybe we can trade Mariota straight up for Nick Mullens... Kidding obviously, but he was very depressing today.

I've held off from commenting on the Mariota hate posts in here. But it's just no pleasing when it comes to him. Is there?

He only threw 20 passes. Had 6 incompletions, really about 4 if you count the Taylor drop and the throw away. He threw high on a quick screen(same as Eli) Trent Green, former NFL QB, said those quick screens are hard in the rain because you can't get the laces. For our QB that has had hand issues this year and can miss high at times, it was incomplete. Then Davis got his head around late along with the ball coming out early. 

We complain about him holding the ball but he gets it out and now damn Marcus wait?

Then he took a shot play to Taylor.

So that's about 4 incompletes out of the 6. 

Did he throw INTs? He avoided sacks. Did he just blow chances? I can't say he did. Did he take gambles and push the ball? No so if that's your fault of him, so be it. 

As the game went on it was completely obvious that the game plan was to keep running it, not pass and shorten the game. Keep the game out of Barkley's hands or legs. Our defense was holding them. We were running it on demand. 

I was one that hated our run calls but I always said too if we had success keep it going. 

Neither team threw the ball well. 

Looking on Twitter I'm not seeing the ones covering the team like PK question his play. People who normally are very critical of him I don't see. If they are I've missed it. 

If we went to air it out the question from me and lot of others would have been why did you not give Henry the ball more when he is dominating. 

We talk about adjusting. They saw they were killing them on the ground and they kept with it. 

Just last week. We saw Seahawks beat the Vikings 21-7. Russell Wilson threw 20 passes. Completed 10. Threw for 72 yards. Threw an INT in perfect conditions at home. But the team had 212 rushing yards on 42 carries. Nobody questioned Wilson and they shouldn't have. The defense dominated them and they were controlling the game. 

I'm not even trying to defend Marcus because I don't care what he does throw to throw especially when we win, but just think it's silly personally to walk away from this game and just hate the QB. Just easier to say you hate the man and will be critical of every thing he does and call it a day.

Call me a homer or whatever you and the few others want to call me for "defending" him, so be it.

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Eli threw some ugly balls. Was downpouring freezing rain 

We only threw the ball 7 times in the second half. And he completed 5 of them. 

Some teams throw 7 passes within one half of a scoring drives. 

Was obvious we just wanted to run it and avoid passing in the elements. 

Archived