Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

Just now, JBURGE said:

This is what good punting looks like

Bears punter is a free agent after this season.  So is one of the highest-rated slot corners, their starting safety, their starting right tackle, their second string pass rusher and both their backup guards.  They don't have anyone important to re-sign and they're in good shape going forward. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Every week we get dominated in special teams. Teams punt the **** out of the ball against us whether it's booming punts to flip field position or downing them inside the 5. 

I'll be really interested to see what our ranking is at the end of the year. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Bears punter is a free agent after this season.  So is one of the highest-rated slot corners, their starting safety, their starting right tackle, their second string pass rusher and both their backup guards.  They don't have anyone important to re-sign and they're in good shape going forward. 

ok?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Good God, could you imagine how promising the Bears would be right now with either of them?  Not even I would argue against the Bears trading for Mack if they had Mahomes or Watson. 

They'd be one of the SB favorites right now and I'd be a lot more worried about them going forward. As it stands right now, their run this year has been on the backs of their defense playing at a ridiculous level with the amount of turnovers they've forced. It's so much harder for defenses to sustain this level from year to year that even a slight drop off can be all it takes for them to turn from an 11-12 win team to an 8-8 team. Look at Minny this year. They're still solid but they aren't as good as last year simply because the defense dropped off a bit. It's still a good defense, just not as dominant as last years. If Chicago wants to be more than a one year wonder, they'll need Trubisky to show some serious growth next season

Archived