Who Will the Warriors Play in the WCF?

RandyMossIsBoss

WCF Team  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Plays the Warriors in the WCF (and/or wins it)?

• Nuggets
    • Thunder
    • Clippers
    • Lakers
    • Grizzlies
    • Mavericks
    • Kings
    • Blazers
    • Pelicans
    • Spurs
    • Jazz
    • Wolves
    • Rockets

We're a quarter of the way through the season, and the West is wild as ever. The Rockets, who we all assumed would return to the WCF, are not even in the playoff picture at the moment. So who do you think ultimately plays the Warriors in the WCF (and if you honestly don't think the Warriors will be in the WCF, then just vote for who you think will win the WCF).

When in doubt, I go with familiarity, and that's Lebron James... so my pick is the Lakers. I'd say I only give them like a 15% chance to make the WCF, and then I give another 7 or 8 teams a ~10% chance, so I'm not especially  confident with this pick, but I have to pick somebody. I just don't see anyway the Grizzlies, Clippers or Kings make a serious run, something is seriously wrong with the Rockets, the Nuggets have no playoff experience so don't particularly trust them to make a run, the Jazz look lost, I don't think the Blazers current team makeup is capable of making a run, Pellies have been very inconsistent, I just don't trust Westbrook and the Thunder and won't until he proves otherwise.

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I just don't trust Westbrook and the Thunder and won't until he proves otherwise.

I could get on board trusting the Thunder to get to the WCF since both George and Westbrook have gotten there multiple times.

OKC/LAL/HOU. Pick one of those three. Hopefully Roberson returns as I'd be more confident in OKC with him to match up with other superstars in the West. PG can't be checking those guys all game still be expected to drop 25 a game.

Houston I gotta believe will turn it around. They still look dominant in certain nights which shows their potential. CP3 isn't as washed as he looks right now, that will change at some point. 

Lakers got LeBron and Kuz is emerging. The lack of spacing is still worrisome as the offense could be inconsistent and their small ball defense isn't all that good. 

Denver doesn't have that take over guard which is a big no no for me come postseason time. Murray is my guy, but really disappointed he didn't make that jump that I expected from him. 

Maybe a sleeper is NO? Jrue/AD/Randle/Mirotic is very solid. Randle is playing like a star right now and AD is unstoppable. And you have Jrue who will be locking it up. 

But a bunch of flawed teams below GS. OKC has the most potential if Roberson returns and returns to form. 

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

OKC/LAL/HOU. Pick one of those three. Hopefully Roberson returns as I'd be more confident in OKC with him to match up with other superstars in the West. PG can't be checking those guys all game still be expected to drop 25 a game.

Houston I gotta believe will turn it around. They still look dominant in certain nights which shows their potential. CP3 isn't as washed as he looks right now, that will change at some point. 

Lakers got LeBron and Kuz is emerging. The lack of spacing is still worrisome as the offense could be inconsistent and their small ball defense isn't all that good. 

Denver doesn't have that take over guard which is a big no no for me come postseason time. Murray is my guy, but really disappointed he didn't make that jump that I expected from him. 

Maybe a sleeper is NO? Jrue/AD/Randle/Mirotic is very solid. Randle is playing like a star right now and AD is unstoppable. And you have Jrue who will be locking it up. 

But a bunch of flawed teams below GS. OKC has the most potential if Roberson returns and returns to form. 

I agree with this. I think a healthy Denver is strongly in the mix, but Jamal needs to be shooting better. TBD if they get healthy and if Jamal improves his play.

As of now I think one of OKC and LAL are the top choices. Keep in mind that OKC has played an easy schedule and I expect them to slide at some point. LAL just because of LeBron but they will probably add a decent rotation player at some point.

Agreed that NO should be in the mix for home court. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

That was a long time and very different teammates ago.  They got beat by Utah in the 1st round.

Even still, they both have the experience and that can never be taken away from them. I don’t think their team as a whole gelled last year and George and Westbrook know how to play with each other better this time around. As things currently stand, none of the other teams really jump out to me like the Rockets did last year. I don’t love the Thunder, I just dislike them the least out of all the other options.

Lakers are 1b for me right now. If they land Ariza I would probably elavate them to 1a.

Archived