The greatness of Saquon Barkley

Gmen

Did you know Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league?

• Yes, that is pretty obvious
    • No, but I know now

37 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Why hasn’t he put New York in the playoffs if he is that good

Look at what NY has. Barkley, OBJ, Landon Collins.

If they were in the playoff picture, they would be the greatest players ever at their position.

That's why this was a smart pick - the Giants are not a good team, with very little in terms of impact starters or key contributors. They were in the position to pick the best player available, and they did in Saquan.

I'll never fault a team for going BPA.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

If they were in the playoff picture, they would be the greatest players ever at their position.

That's why this was a smart pick - the Giants are not a good team, with very little in terms of impact starters or key contributors. They were in the position to pick the best player available, and they did in Saquan.

You make a excellent post but I would not trade mayfield for him

just because he won us 6 games this year with arguably the worst coach in the history of the nfl.

besides I could give your 4rb that are better than Barkley at the start of the year

Just now, mtmmike said:

No one is asking you to. Mayfield is perfect for Cleveland, he's transforming a losing culture - he's been an underdog his whole life and went from walk-on to #1 pick. He's got the mental fortitude that Cleveland needed, and it shows.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

besides I could give your 4rb that are better than Barkley at the start of the year

Start of the year? What do you mean? I mean, I'd imagine that Le'Veon Bell and David Johnson were on that list, and Saquan has proven to be better right now (which is what matters).

Right now, only Gurley and Zeke have an argument against Saquan and it comes down to personal preference among those three.

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

just because he won us 6 games this year with arguably the worst coach in the history of the nfl.

Given that he hadn't played a down at that point in the NFL and everything was based on projections, that's really not all that surprising. Most people don't just credit a rookie for being the best, or even a top 3 player at his position the moment he steps on to the field. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given that he hadn't played a down at that point in the NFL and everything was based on projections, that's really not all that surprising. Most people don't just credit a rookie for being the best, or even a top 3 player at his position the moment he steps on to the field. 

I like barkley to but had Cleveland drafted him with hue the coach we would have been drafting 1st again Barkley is in the top 10 percent at his position but that is it.

30 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And OBJ is about to miss his 3rd straight game and Landon got put on IR. That stupid illegal leg whip tackle by the Eagles on the last play of that game (that wasn't called) messed up Odell's leg bad. He played hurt against the Bears then started sitting out when it got worse. Landon played about a half of the Bears game not able to move his left arm then tore his labrum the next game against Washington.

20 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I like barkley to but had Cleveland drafted him with hue the coach we would have been drafting 1st again Barkley is in the top 10 percent at his position but that is it.

You keep on trying to make this about Cleveland. Nobody questions what Cleveland did at #1.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I literally just explained why the coaching staff and roster Fisher put together were at fault for it.

A lot of people failed at their job, not just Fisher. It’s a lazy blanket statement to just blame Fisher for Gurley’s struggles which is why I asked for context outside of, “LOL Fisher” which you gave. Sounds to me like the OC, OL Coach, the OL, and the surrounding weapons all failed at their jobs. Fisher failed for bringing them on.

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You keep on trying to make this about Cleveland. Nobody questions what Cleveland did at #1.

Time will tell. Cleveland was the only other team with an opportunity to draft Barkley. So if Barkley becomes a HOFer, Mayfeild better be very very good or the pick will be questioned 

13 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Time will tell. Cleveland was the only other team with an opportunity to draft Barkley. So if Barkley becomes a HOFer, Mayfeild better be very very good or the pick will be questioned 

I doubt it.  They also drafted Chubb who’s arguably been a top five back since he’s started.  

48 minutes ago, ET80 said:

EXACTLY. 

Look, it wouldn't surprise me if every QB taken after Barkley turned out to be a bust at this point. Not saying they will.

Giants didn't have the option to take Mayfield. Meanwhile, Barkley is looking to be an all time great at his position someday. You can't always get talent like that. It will prove a very valuable pick when they eventually do get their QB. The guy's job will be FAR easier with a back like Barkley taking pressure off of him.

Archived