Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

Denver reportedly in on Mitch Morse, that’s the smart play at that position.  The way these current contracts have played out Paradis might go for $12M+ a year.

Morse is a good player who if he stays healthy will make us forget about Matt Paradis.  Morse is also arguably the best pass protection center in football....hasn’t allowed a sack since 2015 and only 5 pressures last season.

Though, the Bills are also in on Morse and could easily out bid us if they choose too.

Edited by germ-x

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver reportedly in on Mitch Morse, that’s the smart play at that position.  The way these current contracts have played out Paradis might go for $12M+ a year.

Morse is a good player who if he stays healthy will make us forget about Matt Paradis.  Morse is also arguably the best pass protection center in football....hasn’t allowed a sack since 2015 and only 5 pressures last season.

Though, the Bills are also in on Morse and could easily out bid us if they choose too.

I'm so relieved the no news is good news applies here. Elway hasn't spent stupid money yet. Which is a relief seeing some of these deals.

Edited by thebestever6

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm so relieved the no news is good news applies here. Elway hasn't spent stupid money yet. Which is a relief seeing some of these deals.

Agreed.  They need to sit this first wave out and target these lesser thought of players on far fairer deals.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Agreed.  They need to sit this first wave out and target these lesser thought of players on far fairer deals.

Redskins giving out a massive overpay on the first day of free agency: a tradition unlike any other

• Like 5

Some serious overpayments going on..Jets go.3/$28M for WR Jamison Crowder ?????  Dude had 29 receptions last year, 56 catches in hus 4yr career.  LMAO

How about  the Titans signing WR Adam Humphries for 4/$36M dor his 6 catches,.....Saunders is looking pretty good right now 

Edited by Cutler06

8 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

C Mitch Morse sign with the Bills, thought we'd be in on him. 

Denver supposedly was, but with their limited cap space and Buffalo having a lot of money to spend it was a battle they could easily have lost.

7 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Maybe we are going with McGovern as our C.

I'd like to see what McGovern can do.  I saw Paradis get pushed back often, because he couldn't hold up to strong NTs...I don't think McGovern has that issue considering that he can bench press a small semi truck.  And, I think Muchack can get the best of out of McGovern. 

Edited by jsthomp2007

6 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Maybe we are going with McGovern as our C.

I hope not.  McGovern actually played really well at OG.  Until he moved to OC, PFF had him as a top 5 run blocking OG.  He was a disaster at center.  Terrible snapping with the QB in the shotgun and doesn’t have the lateral quickness to snap the ball and get to his assignment.