Do you think that Brady has fallen off?

patriotsheatyan

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The amount of short sightedness and kneejerking on this site never ceases to amaze me. 

You're the one saying that the 41 year old who clearly looks older, slower, and worse than usual in every way and is not in the top 5 in any stat except for raw yards is still a top 5 QB. I don't know how you're defining short-sightedness but that seems to fit.

No.

He is 7th in DYAR and DVOA, 5th in QBR, and 7th in ANY/A. The only real decline has been in TD% and most of that has to do with NE being more run-oriented at the goal-line then they have been in year's past.

The bigger problem for the Pats is the defense. They just don't have much high end talent on that side of the ball. 

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

No.

He is 7th in DYAR and DVOA, 5th in QBR, and 7th in ANY/A. The only real decline has been in TD% and most of that has to do with NE being more run-oriented at the goal-line then they have been in year's past.

Is he?! Jesus...

Guess the lack of RZ Gronk hasn't helped either. Cannot rely on him anymore, which is pretty soul crushing tbh.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is he?! Jesus...

Guess the lack of RZ Gronk hasn't helped either. Cannot rely on him anymore, which is pretty soul crushing tbh.

Last year his TD% was 5.5%, this year it is 4.7%, that is a big drop. Gronk not being super human anymore is part of the issue and it is likely why the offense has been so run-oriented at the goal-line. 

The offense should be fine going forward. Brady is no where near where Favre was in 2010 or Peyton in 2015. Like I said, the bigger issue is the defense. I said it last year that they really lack speed in the front 7 and it shows up in these road games.

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Last year his TD% was 5.5%, this year it is 4.7%, that is a big drop. Gronk not being super human anymore is part of the issue and it is likely why the offense has been so run-oriented at the goal-line. 

The offense should be fine going forward. Brady is no where near where Favre was in 2010 or Peyton in 2015. Like I said, the bigger issue is the defense. I said it last year that they really lack speed in the front 7 and it shows up in these road games.

Yep. Absolutely no athleticism in the front 7, and they're also getting pushed off the ball. Needs major surgery in the off-season, and the next one. Secondary looks good most of the time, but they too are good for a bust here and there. 

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yep. Absolutely no athleticism in the front 7, and they're also getting pushed off the ball. Needs major surgery in the off-season, and the next one. Secondary looks good most of the time, but they too are good for a bust here and there. 

I am surprised Belichick didn't address it this past off-season.The lack of team speed was the main reason why they lost the Super Bowl. 

43 minutes ago, game3525 said:

He's experienced a much larger increase in INT% than he has a decrease in TD%. This isn't JUST a TD problem.  His TD% has gone down 17% and his INT% has gone up 28.5%.  He's also slightly worse in the other components of passer rating, which is relatively much worse considering that the league's numbers are way up across the board. 7.9 Y/A was enough for 5th last year, but his 7.8 Y/A this year constitutes being tied for 10th. Considering that you have 9 guys at 8+ yards/attempt this year compared to 3 last year, if Brady was really performing at a similar level his Y/A would be significantly higher than it is this year.  It's the same story with completion percentage. His completion percentage just dropped from 66.3 to 65.9, but last year's mark was good enough for 5th while this year's mark gets him 17th in the league. His passer rating is less than 4 points above the league average. You already mentioned the TD%, but it is worth mentioning he dropped from 5th in the league to 19th this year in that category too. 

He's having a considerably worse season this year than last. This isn't just a TD% problem. 

45 minutes ago, game3525 said:

. Brady is no where near where Favre was in 2010 or Peyton in 2015

I mean, I don't think anyone was claiming that. That much is obvious. 

1 hour ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

He's experienced a much larger increase in INT% than he has a decrease in TD%. This isn't JUST a TD problem.  His TD% has gone down 17% and his INT% has gone up 28.5%.  He's also slightly worse in the other components of passer rating, which is relatively much worse considering that the league's numbers are way up across the board. 7.9 Y/A was enough for 5th last year, but his 7.8 Y/A this year constitutes being tied for 10th. Considering that you have 9 guys at 8+ yards/attempt this year compared to 3 last year, if Brady was really performing at a similar level his Y/A would be significantly higher than it is this year.  It's the same story with completion percentage. His completion percentage just dropped from 66.3 to 65.9, but last year's mark was good enough for 5th while this year's mark gets him 17th in the league. His passer rating is less than 4 points above the league average. You already mentioned the TD%, but it is worth mentioning he dropped from 5th in the league to 19th this year in that category too. 

He's having a considerably worse season this year than last. This isn't just a TD% problem. 

I mean, I don't think anyone was claiming that. That much is obvious. 

No one is denying that his stats are worse - obviously that's the case - but stats and ability are not the same. Stats don't exist in a vaccuum. For example  his INT% is a flawed stat - of his 9 INTs fully 5 of them were drops/fumbles/batted at the line. At least 2 of those could/should have been touchdowns instead.

Archived