GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs

canadaluvsdallas

17 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

You can keep blaming Linehan, but there's been several games this year where Linehan's play calling was good and players were running wide open, but Dak couldn't consistently get them the ball. And Dak not having weapons shouldn't be an excuse anymore. He has Zeke, Cooper and Beasley.

If you're firing Linehan (which I agree should happen), then he shouldn't be the only one gone. Kellen Moore and Jason Garrett (pipe dream) should go with him.

Well yeaaaaaa to the part in bold.

And Linehan's play calling has been good in some situations, others has been the talent of the players.

But part of being a OC is having your offense ready to execute plays and making sure you have the position coaches that can help them along in those areas. If Linehan had so much say in the offense like we heard when it was his idea to cut Dez and rework the whole thing then he should have had more say then hiring Kellen Moore as a QB coach. Our QB has regressed because of his inadequacies as OC. There are offensive gurus who take pride in developing QB's. Others who take pride in discipline and executing their game plan to perfection. Something usually stands out with the good ones. But he has no redeeming qualities as OC. More often then not his play calling is our enemy such as rarely game planning on trying to get Zeke into the endzone when we are only 5 or 10 yards out. Zeke is built to be a very effective goal line back who has great vision, unbelievable balance, and outstanding power. But we don't use him in goal line situations. If he can't consistently call good plays, if his players cant execute even simple ones, and if his players are actually regressing. Then I put the majority of the blame on him.

Sure Redball needs to go. But at the very least he hasn't gotten in the way of the defense we've built besides the Taco pick. So we know Garrett can delegate to better coaches then himself. But his OC just sucks.

2 hours ago, anthbes said:

Time of possession is great and all, but if you have a 10, 14, and 15 play drive with 0 points? What’s that say 

edit: weird double post

This is where it gets tricky in my mind   With out Witten this coaching staff has not devised a good option reciever in the red zone yes Dak also plays a part in this as he is still a young QB and hasn’t developed the feel and anticipation skills long time QB have to throw the ball when the WR is not open when he releases the ball cooper has helped here as Dak has shown more willingness to throw it to Cooper in anticipation of Cooper being able to make a contested catch    Also the regression due to injury of our OL has made it difficult to just Run the ball in and also effected our passing game    

Just look at those first two drives.  Why didn’t we score   

Drive 1 failed 2nd 1 RUN lost three yards  followed by in my mind a real bad call trying to throw deep to Hurns????   Rather then a safe short route to say Beasley or Cooper. Followed  by a blocked FG

drive 2.  Dropped TD pass followed by a failed 4-1 RUN.  

Drive 3 Rod Smith gets 1 yard in 1st down. Bad play call - Deep pass to Brown ????   Who can’t haul in a catchable but difficult catch.  Then coaches go for a deep pass third down rather then try and get enough yards to just get a FG. Dak takes a sack waiting for a reciever to get open they were out of FG range so sack not the worst thing to happen 

it just makes no sense to me having Hurns and Brown run key deep passes as These  two are rarely main pass targets and even less so run go routes again it is OC trying a low percentage trick play.     

On a side note am I the only one who thinks Smith due to his play of late really doesn’t deserve the pro bowl as much as say our other Smith or LVE

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

On a side note am I the only one who thinks Smith due to his play of late really doesn’t deserve the pro bowl as much as say our other Smith or LVE

This 110%. It’s one of those cases where he has been so elite for so long he sorta just got by on reputation.

I would imagine LVE and Jaylon are reserves and will more than likely be playing in the pro bowl. Unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Quick question - my buddy is selling two tickets to the game. He can't make it now. Would any of you be interested or know anyone who might be interested?

If I had the extra cash, I'd join you in a heartbeat. 

On 12/19/2018 at 12:51 AM, anthbes said:

This 110%. It’s one of those cases where he has been so elite for so long he sorta just got by on reputation.

I would imagine LVE and Jaylon are reserves and will more than likely be playing in the pro bowl. Unfortunately.

Problem is only two spots are open for guys like LVE. They went to Kuechly and Wagner

On 12/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Section 120. Row 5. Seat 13 & 14.

Woooohoooo!

Looks like me a my friend are going to capitalize on T_07s misfortune.

To the game I go. Tickets are supposed to be here by noon tomorrow. But it's FedEx so I may have to go pick them up. Either way, I'm there. 

Win for the forum as my GDT thoughts will be shouted instead of typed 

On 2018-12-20 at 2:04 PM, anthbes said:

Yeah tough for a rookie to beat out those guys. Shame tho because he has played at a pro bowl level. 

It all balances out. Once he strings another year like this he’ll even earn pro bowls in the end of his career maybe when his play has declined in older age just cause of name recognition 

Pro Bowls have never been 100% accurate 

Archived