Week 16 Redskins vs. Titans

KingTitan

16 hours ago, dtait93 said:

No idea if this has been posted yet but LOL

From what I understand about this, Lewan was jacking with Norman because he said Norman was trying to injure Derrick Henry late in the game.  Didn't go into details of how. 

So after the game he went over to the Redskins bench and taunted the butt-hurt Josh Norman who was drowning in his own tears, telling him "It's not our fault you're not relevant anymore" and the rest, as they say, is history.  That's when that little outburst happened.

Mariota did play well before getting hurt. It’s just that every mistake he makes is put under a microscope by people here that have no clue what he’s seeing downfield

its always funny to read the All-22 breakdowns of Mariota after the games and compare what actually happened/what he actually was seeing and the assumptions from posters in the GDT

It was far from his best game. That dude is a Mariota fan boy. He even had an entire thread last year about how good Mariota was last year.

Mariota took at least one sack that he shouldn't have with a wide open guy for the first down (confirmed by the behind the QB view) and then took another hit on the same drive that had him injured for the bajillionth time.

That's why people are ready to move on. 

He was fine on the two drives before that one, he made some good throws to open WRs, but to say completing 10 passes in a first half where we scored 6 points is his best game ever should tell you all you need to know about Kinsley.

People want to read articles about everything their favorite players are doing well, they don't want to see them criticized. People want affirmation not information. 

Highly doubt a 3rd party like Greg Cosell is praising Mariota for Saturday's performance when we hear from him.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It was far from his best game. That dude is a Mariota fan boy. He even had an entire thread last year about how good Mariota was last year.

Mariota took at least one sack that he shouldn't have with a wide open guy for the first down (confirmed by the behind the QB view) and then took another hit on the same drive that had him injured for the bajillionth time.

That's why people are ready to move on. 

He was fine on the two drives before that one, he made some good throws to open WRs, but to say completing 10 passes in a first half where we scored 6 points is his best game ever should tell you all you need to know about Kinsley.

People want to read articles about everything their favorite players are doing well, they don't want to see them criticized. People want affirmation not information. 

Highly doubt a 3rd party like Greg Cosell is praising Mariota for Saturday's performance when we hear from him.

Where the heck are you getting people saying that it was his best game ever? He was playing fine in the first half. Not every game is going to be world-beating and mistakes like taking a sack will be made by any QB.

the injuries are frustrating. But like I said in another thread, every time Marcus has left a game this year it has come at the end of the first half after the OL had been getting totally destroyed. It’s annoying and concerning, yes, but my gosh you’re a broken record. 

It’s a team sport. It’s up to our OL to keep Marcus upright and give him time in the pocket. He wasn’t getting that against the Redskins. Does he need to adjust more when the OL breaks down? Totally. But go find me a single QB ever who has stayed healthy when playing behind a sieve of an OL.

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Where the heck are you getting people saying that it was his best game ever? He was playing fine in the first half. Not every game is going to be world-beating and mistakes like taking a sack will be made by any QB.

the injuries are frustrating. But like I said in another thread, every time Marcus has left a game this year it has come at the end of the first half after the OL had been getting totally destroyed. It’s annoying and concerning, yes, but my gosh you’re a broken record. 

It’s a team sport. It’s up to our OL to keep Marcus upright and give him time in the pocket. He wasn’t getting that against the Redskins. Does he need to adjust more when the OL breaks down? Totally. But go find me a single QB ever who has stayed healthy when playing behind a sieve of an OL.

He said his best game since Houston. I read that wrong.

I didn't see Phillip Rivers take 11 sacks. I saw his OL get absolutely destroyed. The OL getting destroyed is absolutely blown out of proportion because he doesn't get rid of the ball. He's taking sacks on the majority of his pressures.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

No one said he was Mark Sanchez, some people just don't want to hear anything negative about him. He's an average QB who can't stay healthy and isn't worth a second deal if he's getting 25 mil a year. That's what I'm saying.

Not disagree with you, but what are we going to do? Draft a QB somewhere in the twenties? Would you rather have Foles or Bridgewater? These guys are going to command serious money. I mean, Bradford got 1/20mil last year. 

No, one of the best QBs of our generation with a ton of offensive weapons didn’t take 11 sacks. But he took four and had a pretty bad game where he struggled to move the ball. Because that’s what happens in the NFL. Marcus struggles with managing pressure. He’s a young NFL qb that isn’t going to be an elite QB. What an outlier in the game’s history!

And nobody minds hearing anything negative about Mariota, we are all football fans and understand what we are watching. It’s just that reading the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, just turns what could be solid football conversation into a b**** fest.

9 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

Not disagree with you, but what are we going to do? Draft a QB somewhere in the twenties? Would you rather have Foles or Bridgewater? These guys are going to command serious money. I mean, Bradford got 1/20mil last year. 

How did that work out for them? Which team overpaying for a game manager at QB is reaping massive benefits.

Archived