Week 16 Redskins vs. Titans

KingTitan

23 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I don't think he's soft at all. I'm just tired of always being afraid of him getting hurt/always seeing him get hurt.

I don't think his play has elevated him to the point that you say it's worth putting up with the injuries and finding a borderline starter to be his backup.

Fair and good points.  I agree mostly.

It will be an interesting decision in a couple years. But if Robinson is smart he will continue to protect himself by investing in a backup QB capable of starting and better interior OL men. 

"All five QBs picked in first round of NFL Draft are starting, and will be for some time. I think teams will eventually realize they don't need the expensive placeholders (Tyrod, McCown, Bradford, even Flacco, etc) and just get on with the future."

@AndrewBrandt on Twitter.

Never figured out how to share tweets lol. Interesting thought when choosing to move on grom Mariota. No stop gap, just get your guy and go.

At this point I would agree we need at least one year if Marcus being available and healthy at the end.    This year would have done it except for what happened today.  As far as he abilitynwhen healthy I think there is doubt. 

His stats week 7-9-10-13 are good all easily well over 200  he didn’t need to throw at all week 14-15.  

And the whole team took the day off week 11-12.   8 was bye week HE WAS HURT WEEKS 1-6   Week 7 first time played without the glove on his hand to help him grip the ball

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Fair and good points.  I agree mostly.

It will be an interesting decision in a couple years. But if Robinson is smart he will continue to protect himself by investing in a backup QB capable of starting and better interior OL men. 

I definitely agree no matter what we do at QB we need to improve the interior OL. And #2 WR as well.

15 hours ago, capton_cutclass said:

If Henry is a bad fit why has he been carrying the ball consistently more than Dion Lewis?

X's and O's okay maybe his style is bad...but how come Lewis isn't dominating over Henry?

Lafleur has adjusted. That's one of the positives I've seen from Lafleur... He learns and adjusts... Not only from game to game, but within game. 

I know him and Mariota are the whipping boys here this season. But in spite the struggles and adversity, the team has come together and is on the verge of a 10 win season. 

15 hours ago, capton_cutclass said:

How much did that pick 6 screw people who bet on this game!

LOL... A couple of the guys were freaking out. They both went WAS @ -10.  I was confused about the xp... Thought they always had to at least attempt it if a TD was made in regulation, even with 0 seconds left. 

15 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah Gabbert's generally not good. He did a good job as a backup today.

Mariota can throw the ball much more accurately he just seems to be taking way too long to get off his first read and then is trying to use his legs. Taking way more hits than he needs to. Also afraid to put it in a tight window unless the game is on the line.

That's a fair assessment. It's like Marcus has regressed with his pocket awareness. His feet have always been an issue, but his pocket awareness was always decent at least...and didn't take as many sacks before as he has now. It's like his sack rate has been sacrificed for an increased completion%... And maybe lower int potential? ... I dunno. 

If that's a directive that's been issued by Vrabel/Lafleur, it needs to change immediately. I'll take a 2nd and 10 over and and 17 with another hit on my qb every time. 

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Lafleur has adjusted. That's one of the positives I've seen from Lafleur... He learns and adjusts... Not only from game to game, but within game. 

I know him and Mariota are the whipping boys here this season. But in spite the struggles and adversity, the team has come together and is on the verge of a 10 win season. 

LOL... A couple of the guys were freaking out. They both went WAS @ -10.  I was confused about the xp... Thought they always had to at least attempt it if a TD was made in regulation, even with 0 seconds left. 

That's a fair assessment. It's like Marcus has regressed with his pocket awareness. His feet have always been an issue, but his pocket awareness was always decent at least...and didn't take as many sacks before as he has now. It's like his sack rate has been sacrificed for an increased completion%... And maybe lower int potential? ... I dunno. 

If that's a directive that's been issued by Vrabel/Lafleur, it needs to change immediately. I'll take a 2nd and 10 over and and 17 with another hit on my qb every time. 

Yeah, I've been saying for a couple weeks that his completion rate and YPA are higher because he's taking sacks and not making lower percentage throws. I read somewhere that he was pressured 11 times against the Ravens. He took 11 sacks. Rivers was under pressure all night against them and took 4 sacks. Mariota needs to take fewer hits. The first one he took yesterday he missed a wide open Stocker right in front of him. 

I'm not sure why he's doing it, but it really seems like he's struggling to get off his first read quickly. 

For years Greg Cosell has said he doesn't read defenses well, but I didn't want to believe him. He didn't word it that way, he said something like he "struggles to identify and eliminate coverage" and takes too low to go through reads. So it may not be just this year, but we're just now noticing it. He has to be on time in this offense more than ever and maybe it's more evident.

Archived