Week 16 Redskins vs. Titans

KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I think he has been playing injured all season. 

Today was the day I really started thinking of life without him. The injury concern/narrative will be the easy way to break free of him. 

Don't think it happens.  But that would be the way. 

I think the hand/ arm hasn't been right and it has had a ripple effect in his game. 

My brother is had a class learning about nerves and the body in college, and he told me when he first got injured that he most likely wouldn't be right all year, and maybe even his career. Now my brother is no doctor but he appears to be right so far.

I've been one of the biggest Mariota supporters you'll find on here and I agree with you about this being the first time I thought about life without him. The injury concerns are just too legit to ignore. This is the 2nd time in 3 years that we've been right there in the playoff hunt in the final weeks of the season, and he's had a season ending injury (we'll see about this injury but it doesn't sound great right now). Now more than ever is when you need your franchise QB and his body is failing him. Saddens me really.

4 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

We basically need a backup capable of starting if we keep Mariota... So why not just find a new starter period. Young or old doesn't matter to me. We've seen young guys come in and play well right away. That's just how the league works now.

I'm all for it, man. Just saying that's going to play into their decision. Of all the young guys to come in, the last time one won a playoff game in his first two years in the league was who, Wilson?

11 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

We basically need a backup capable of starting if we keep Mariota... So why not just find a new starter period. Young or old doesn't matter to me. We've seen young guys come in and play well right away. That's just how the league works now.

This would be the smart move. Franchise Marcus and make him prove he can stay healthy. 

Gabbert could be, but I mentally can't buy that no matter how good he looks at times. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Teddy needs to be a target this offseason. We can’t keep going out signing bum backup QBs like Cassell and Gabbert. Need someone who has the potential to start.

Surely the Saints resign him after trading for him?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

This would be the smart move. Franchise Marcus and make him prove he can stay healthy. 

Gabbert could be, but I mentally can't buy that no matter how good he looks at times. 

Mariota has one year left already. If he can't stay healthy next year he has to be gone. No reason to franchise him if he gets hurt again next season. 

Especially a guy who is always hurt and can't throw for 200 yards in a game on average.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No idea especially with the way Brees is still playing. I imagine Teddy wants to be a starter.

I'd say that too, but I think if he comes in here the best they can tell him is he can compete for the starting job, but I'd almost bet they give Mariota another year as guaranteed starter going into the season.

He can probably get similar money somewhere to be guaranteed the starting job.

Pretty much. Glad social media wasn't around with McNair. View of him would be very different than it is now.  

Steve was a warrior playing hurt. Mariota is weak getting hurt. 

I'm concerned with his availability but to me he is far from soft. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Pretty much. Glad social media wasn't around with McNair. View of him would be very different than it is now.  

Steve was a warrior playing hurt. Mariota is weak getting hurt. 

I'm concerned with his availability but to me he is far from soft. 

I don't think he's soft at all. I'm just tired of always being afraid of him getting hurt/always seeing him get hurt.

I don't think his play has elevated him to the point that you say it's worth putting up with the injuries and finding a borderline starter to be his backup.

Archived