Montae Nicholson arrested

MikeT14

19 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is about 10 minutes from my house. It is ALSO literally down the road (by about 3-4 miles) from Redskins Park.

IT'S DURING THE SEASON AND HE'S GOING OUT DRINKING LATE AT NIGHT DURING THE WEEK WHEN HE SHOULD BE RESTING AND GETTING READY FOR THE OPPONENT? By all means, let's keep him then

Cut him

So, I was listening to WJFK and Russell was on (arguably, only person worse on there is Dukes, but what can you do?).

His take was that the Redskins should make an example of Nicholson and fire him so that the rest of the players know what is and is not acceptable.

My problem with that is that the message will be muddled due to the fact they picked up Reuben Foster. The message then becomes:

• You have talent and/or are a first round pick? You're excused.
  • You are a backup or a late round pick? You're hosed.

Also, from a purely cynical/cap space perspective, keeping Nicholson has some merit from the perspective that he is cheap. Is he any good? Eh, he's serviceable. But with the cap going to be eaten up by Smith's dead space and possibly expensive replacements for guys like Brown, Foster, and Norman, the Redskins are going to have to hang onto some guys who are serviceable but cheap.

I'm not condoning what he did. If not for the Foster debacle, I would be right there with you Thai in calling for his head. I just don't know if the team can afford to do it, as sad as that is to say.

6 hours ago, Slateman said:

Wait ..... do you not drink heavily at night during the work week?

Hold on a sec. You're getting paid for this?!?!

HE IS?!?!

Dammit, I knew I should have gotten a better agent in the offseason!

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s young, made a mistake, it’s a misdemeanor. I don’t think this is as huge of a deal as people are making it out to be. 

Drunk and disorderly is a misdemeanor.

Assault generally is not.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

They probably deserved it bc they said some crap about him or him & the Redskins or whatever. I’d love to know what this other idiot said.

Umm ... generally speaking, no one deserves to be knocked out.

Just saying you might want to check your priorities on that one.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll also add that I like the fact that we have someone on the team that will kick someone’s arse if they talk ish! The Redskins have been too soft as an org/team for about a decade. I don’t mind having a few guys who are tough, even if they occasionally do stupid ish too.

Aggression on the field, within the confines of the rules? Desirable.

Aggression off the field, with regular people? Not desirable.

Kind of surprised I had to explain that distinction.

55 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Free lifetime membership to the "Jelly of the Month" club.

You got a lifetime membership?!

*picks up his phone, dialing angrily* WTF Bob?! I get only a three month trial and my junior partner gets a lifetime membership? What the hell am I paying you for?!?!

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Montae knocked the dude out and pounced on him

Good! Again, what did the guy say to him? No one knows! It’s also just a fight, big deal. One guy who was probably running his mouth and thought he was tough got hit by a guy and laid out. It happens. 

Maybe the guy with the weak jaw won’t go running his mouth off next time.

I’m so tired of this weak world we live in now. It was just a fight, just a punch between two grown men. It’s not a big deal at all to me. In fact, I don’t even think he should’ve been charged with a assault. 

So, we’re not allowed to punch guys who talk a ish but can’t back it up in the USA now?

GTFOH

25 minutes ago, Woz said:

Umm ... generally speaking, no one deserves to be knocked out.

Just saying you might want to check your priorities on that one.

Aggression on the field, within the confines of the rules? Desirable.

Aggression off the field, with regular people? Not desirable.

Kind of surprised I had to explain that distinction.

Disagree. If some dude comes grabbing on my wife or calls me a whatever or my wife and I think it’s inappropriate they better be ready for a fight. 

Seems this forum is soft. This team needs some tough guys like we had in the 70s & 80s.

You don’t think Riggo, the Hogs and Manley weren’t getting into fights in the 80s? Or BMitch in the 90s?

Please, there just wasn’t TMZ and social media back then for every MMQB & arm chair GM to complain about it.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You can't have people going around just punching everyone.  

Well they wouldn’t usually unless they had good reason. I’m sure there’s good reason why Nicholson hit the dude. He’s been on the Redskins/in Ashburn for what? 18 months and he’s never ever had an incident like this before. That’s what leads to believe this guy and his GF/wife provoked him, or the girl he was with and that’s why he was hit.

Archived