Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This would be the most disappointing thing to happen to us in a long time.  Since the K. Mack trade really.  If AP and MD make this move, we better be getting half of the Jets' draft picks for the next 2 years.  By half, I mean 1sts, 2nds, 3rds.

I want the Jets to suffer the pain we will feel this season (if we trade D. Adams) for the next 10 years.  I need them to give us the picks we will need to build a dynasty.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Whoever is the Raiders strength and conditioning coach is doing a fantastic job.

First Tyree, then Zeus, and now Mayers is 265. 

Now if they could only get Parham to get above 285.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

MIchael Mayer is 265 now? Damn that is heavy for a TE. He'd be 16 lbs heavier than he did at the combine. 

Yea idk how I feel about him gaining weight I thought he was losing to get faster more athletic?

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I just want to say that I take a great deal of pride in my position of disliking both the JMD and Jimmy G. signings since day 1.

For me, it was like watching someone shove a firecracker in their bass and lighting it.  Then saying, "watch this!"  I knew it wasn't going to end well.

Yea it’s was brutal ruined my whole new house that I bought in 2022 experience. Literally worst dam season in a while. Even bought expensive ars direct tv just to watch every mf beat down followed by jmd pressers saying we’re still learning how to win. I remember finding out ziegs most recently was a hs guidance   Counselor 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️. Glad that’s over 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw I am all for moving Tae for a good haul at the deadline if we are out of playoff contention and our QB room is a disaster.

a 1st and 2nd would be fair, a first and first would be a no brainer. Would be doing Tae a solid if this team sucks and he can go on a contender. Could stop Chiefs from stacking titles too. 

2025: have plenty of picks to get that QB or paid a QB and WR with two first rounders. Cap relief could go towards more talent and extensions. 

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea idk how I feel about him gaining weight I thought he was losing to get faster more athletic?

I too would prefer he stayed lighter on his feet. IIRC the main question mark about him coming out was his ability to separate at the next level. I can't imagine getting heavier would help that at all, quite the opposite in fact.

I get if they view him as the traditional inline/better blocking TE vs. Brock, they'd want him stout and heavy. But at some point you'd think too much weight is a bad thing...

Guess we will see.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

This would be the most disappointing thing to happen to us in a long time.  Since the K. Mack trade really.  If AP and MD make this move, we better be getting half of the Jets' draft picks for the next 2 years.  By half, I mean 1sts, 2nds, 3rds.

I want the Jets to suffer the pain we will feel this season (if we trade D. Adams) for the next 10 years.  I need them to give us the picks we will need to build a dynasty.

It would be disappointing, but he's an aging WR. The team needs assets to make a move for a QB.

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea it’s was brutal ruined my whole new house that I bought in 2022 experience. Literally worst dam season in a while. Even bought expensive ars direct tv just to watch every mf beat down followed by jmd pressers saying we’re still learning how to win. I remember finding out ziegs most recently was a hs guidance   Counselor 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️. Glad that’s over 

Yeah.  The first season was okay.  The excitement of D. Adams kept me hoping we would become something.  But once we traded Carr and signed Jimmy G., I honestly had very, very little desire to watch our games.  I knew we were going to be terrible in 2023.  Sure enough, we were so bad that we made a HC/GM change after 8 weeks into the season.  I'm glad Mark Davis finally woke up and saw what was happening.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It would be disappointing, but he's an aging WR. The team needs assets to make a move for a QB.

I completely understand where you're coming from.  So yeah, if we do it, I hope we get serious draft capital.  If we can somehow find a way to get their first and second picks in next year's draft, I would completely understand why we did it.  We just need enough draft capital to go all in on one of the top QBs in the draft.

Honestly, I love Tae and would be incredibly sad to see him go. However, if there’s any legs at all to this story (which I’m incredibly skeptical), I’d move him to the Jets for a 1st in a heartbeat and be extraordinarily grateful.  Anything more would be just gravy.  

We are not a contender, and won’t be till we have the QB room situated.  A 31 y/o wideout with no QB and a $140 million contract is just bad business… that 1st would do wonders in putting us in a position to finally get a QB of the future.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 12:51 PM, Jerry said:

It's crazy because I really did watch the Saints just to see what would happen.  And their OL was straight garbage for the majority of the season.  There would be 3-4 plays every game where the OL would get beat within the first second and he would just get leveled/destroyed.  But unless you actually watched that team closely, Raiders fans are just going to place all the blame on Carr.  

They'll ignore the fact that A. Kamara had 694 yards throughout a 17-game season (40 ypg) on a 3.9 YPC with only 5 TDs.  They'll also ignore the fact that M. Thomas was out for 7 games and only produced 39 receptions, 448 yards, and 1 TD (44.8 ypg) and then complained about everything all season just because he knows his career is over.  Currently, PFF has the Saints OL ranked dead last.  I know it doesn't mean much to many but still, the OL last year was terrible and now it's being reflected by sites such as PFF.  2024 NFL offensive line rankings: Lions take top spot, led by Penei Sewell and Frank Ragnow (pff.com)

Anyway, good luck to him.  I'll keep saying it, DC didn't do anything wrong to anyone.  And yet fans on here (and everywhere really) still hate him more than McDaniels, Jimmy G. who just straight up robbed us and literally no one cares, and J. Russell (who did the same as Jimmy G. but on like 4-5x the scale).  It really blows my mind how much fans on here hate him.  Even after a whole season of him playing on another team there are still people that will take the time to say FDC every chance they get.

I hate going on these rants.  I'm REALLY looking forward to our next QBotF.  

"I don't care to argue about DC" 

14 hours ago, dante9876 said:

"I don't care to argue about DC" 

I really don't care to do it.  But at the same time there are still a handful of you that can't keep his name out of your mouth.  Every chance you get to slander him, you do it.  And it's harder for me to standby while random trolls on the internet talk crap about someone that has never done anything wrong to them.  A handful of bitter men on this forum.  I would much rather talk about the Raiders future, than its recent past.  Clearly, we have been a mediocre team for 20+ years.  I'd rather focus on a hopeful, bright future than to talk about how bad things were 2014-2022.

So maybe that's what I should really say.  On my top 10 list of things I want to talk about when it comes to the Raiders, he isn't on that list.  But if people are going to slander him, sure, I'll respond to the idiots that thought we should move on from him and replace him with *checks notes* Jimmy f'ing G.

• Like 3