$39 million in cap

Sign Earl Thomas for 3 years/$30 million

Sign Shaq Barrett for 3 years/$24 million

Re-sign Breeland for $6 million per year

Re-sign Wilkerson for $3 million per year

Release Tramon Williams- cap savings around $5 million 

2019 NFL Draft 

1.12 Rashan Gary (DL/EDGE) from Michigan 

- Gary is an athletic freak and has he size to work inside and outside. Gary has the making of the next Cam Jordan and gives us flexibility.

1.30 Dalton Risner (OT) from Kansas State

- Risner can play guard or RT. Would recommend to develop him at RT as we can expect that Bulawayo will have an injury at some point in the season.

2.12 TRADE ALERT 🚨 

- The Packers trade 2019 2nd to the Cincinnati Bengals for AJ Green. 30 year old WR that has had injuries however Gute takes a chance to pair up Adams with Green to give Rodgers more talent and experience he can rely on. Bengals are capitalizing on him leaving in 2020 and not get great value. 

3.12 Michael Deiter (G/C) Wisconsin

4.12 Rodney Anderson (RB) Oklahoma 

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I like the effort but I don't believe we can sign all those Free agents, trade for AJ Green, sign our rookie class and have any roll over at all. It's a nice attempt but just doesn't seem like it mathematically works.

AJ Green would be an additional 10 million which would leave us around 7 million before signing the rookies. Depending on how they structure Barrett & Thomas, this scenario is totally possible. 

1 hour ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

AJ Green would be an additional 10 million which would leave us around 7 million before signing the rookies. Depending on how they structure Barrett & Thomas, this scenario is totally possible. 

With just our natural picks and not including any picks we traded for you're looking at $7.5 million to sign our draft class - you would literally need to do some serious backloading on these contracts to sign our draft class and have rollover cap for 2020

Just now, Nick_gb said:

With just our natural picks and not including any picks we traded for you're looking at $7.5 million to sign our draft class - you would literally need to do some serious backloading on these contracts to sign our draft class and have rollover cap for 2020

You're forgetting that you take the rookie contracts and subtract the league minimum for every guy you draft as he replaces the UDFA rookie holding that spot. 

So really you'll pay out about 8 million in rookie year deal (maybe even closer to 9 with having 2 first round picks) money, but you also take off 10 (or is it 11?) 600k UDFA contracts.

Leaves you with a net of about 2.5 million for the rookie hits off the call when you look at things cumulatively.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're forgetting that you take the rookie contracts and subtract the league minimum for every guy you draft as he replaces the UDFA rookie holding that spot. 

So really you'll pay out about 8 million in rookie year deal (maybe even closer to 9 with having 2 first round picks) money, but you also take off 10 (or is it 11?) 600k UDFA contracts.

Leaves you with a net of about 2.5 million for the rookie hits off the call when you look at things cumulatively.

Ahhh! Definitely didn't take that into account. Good catch.

7 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I am confused, I said we would have $7 million left after getting AJ Green. This would mean we would have the majority of funds to sign the rookies. Any backloading of the free agent contracts would be rollover cap. I do not expect to rollover anymore than $4 million as AJ/Wilkerson/Breeland would be one year contracts. 

Not a pipe dream as you may think. 

6 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

I do not expect to rollover anymore than $4 million as AJ/Wilkerson/Breeland would be one year contracts.

Leaving the AJ Green scenario out of things - I'm not seeing Breeland signing a one year deal. Dont think his market will be so bad he cant or wont find a longer deal out there. Wilkerson? Cant say. He apparently couldnt find any extended deals to his liking last off season and this years results wont enhance his marketability - so that (plus encroaching age) could once again limit his opportunities.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And that's without considering letting go of some players who haven't/aren't living up to their contract plus having additional 10-12 million in salary cap increase.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Leaving the AJ Green scenario out of things - I'm not seeing Breeland signing a one year deal. Dont think his market will be so bad he cant or wont find a longer deal out there. Wilkerson? Cant say. He apparently couldnt find any extended deals to his liking last off season and this years results wont enhance his marketability - so that (plus encroaching age) could once again limit his opportunities.

Good point. I think the $6 million is the right amount but may need to be 2/3 years. 

35 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

I am confused, I said we would have $7 million left after getting AJ Green. This would mean we would have the majority of funds to sign the rookies. Any backloading of the free agent contracts would be rollover cap. I do not expect to rollover anymore than $4 million as AJ/Wilkerson/Breeland would be one year contracts. 

Not a pipe dream as you may think. 

Listen, I'm not trying to mock your draft or call it a "pipe dream" you stated we would have 7 million in cap without signing our Rookies, I told you that our Rookie class without the extra picks (to include the 1st) would total about 7.5 Million (500k above our cap) if you include the extra picks you're looking more around 10-10.5 Million and if you read above AlexGreen showed the adding versus subtracting of the draft and dropped it to about a 2.5 - 3 million salary cap for the class and I acknowledged that I missed that part and said good catch to him. 

Overall I really like the players you selected and if this is indeed how our off-season turned out I'd be absolutely ecstatic for the 2019 season. 

I'd chop off a hand for AJ Green.  Easily the most under appreciated WR in the NFL over the last 7 or 8 seasons.  His health over the last 3 years concerns me a little but he's a Hall of Fame caliber talent IMO.   

Would need to fix AR12's long ball to get the best use out of AJG though.  

Dislike the idea of giving a 30 year old safety who just had a rod inserted into his broken leg 10 million a year on a long term deal.  Hopefully we've learned our lesson from this terrible Jimmy Graham contract.  

Also not a huge fan of the Barrett signing.  He's not all that great of a pass rusher.  

Being a Michigan fan, Gary is intriguing but I think he'll be gone by 12 if he's the freak athlete you are predicting him to be.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

I'd chop off a hand for AJ Green.  Easily the most under appreciated WR in the NFL over the last 7 or 8 seasons.  His health over the last 3 years concerns me a little but he's a Hall of Fame caliber talent IMO.   

I'd chop off both of @CWood21's hands for AJ Green!

Archived