Rebuilding the Patriots

Elky

13 minutes ago, Starless said:

He's worth it. It's not even close to what the top edge rushers will be getting.

I realize the top edge rusher is at 22M rougly but still. Will be interesting to see what happens. I could see us offering 15M per year.

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I realize the top edge rusher is at 22M rougly but still. Will be interesting to see what happens. I could see us offering 15M per year.

I think they'd go as high as 17.5 APY with $50m guaranteed. Belichick loves versatile linemen and Flowers is the most versatile guy they've had there since Seymour.

The better argument is to look at the line without flowers, brown and shelton. Does that line work and where does it rank on needs? I think if Flowers is brought back the need shifts to linebacker and WR without giving thought to possible retirements. Safety is a very weird position currently. 

On 2/12/2019 at 5:59 PM, Starless said:

I think they'd go as high as 17.5 APY with $50m guaranteed. Belichick loves versatile linemen and Flowers is the most versatile guy they've had there since Seymour.

No question, I will be shocked if Belichick lets Flowers get away. He fits the exact description of the player he's willing to pay up for. 

What are people's thoughts on a tag and trade of Trent Brown?

10 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

No question, I will be shocked if Belichick lets Flowers get away. He fits the exact description of the player he's willing to pay up for. 

What are people's thoughts on a tag and trade of Trent Brown?

I think thats a possibility but BB would have to be confident in Wynns heel. Flowers covers too many holes to leave. I do think Wise is progressing nicely as well.

Achilles are a 12 month recovery. His athleticism won't be back at 100% until 2020. A good question is do we resig. Brown, move Wynn to LG and trade Thuney at peak value. 

4 hours ago, iothar said:

chilles are a 12 month recovery. His athleticism won't be back at 100% until 2020. A good question is do we resig. Brown, move Wynn to LG and trade Thuney at peak value. 

Exactly what i've been posting lately and I think it's more likely than letting Trent Brown walk or signing/tagging and trading.

20 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I thought we released Mitchell with an injury settlement or did I misread at some point?

I'm with you. Pretty sure he was released and he announced his retirement. The Pats already been on the hook for part of his contract this season.

Gordon on the other hand will be back.

Archived