GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants

canadaluvsdallas

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

The throw to Beasley was 32 yards down field. The first two TDs to Jarwin were for 19 and 21 yards respectively. C'mon. 

Oh Jesus, watch the other throws. For every one good one, it’s followed up by multiple poor ones. Do we really need to keep going over this? We all watch the games and see the same missed throws.

Just now, D82 said:

The throw to Beasley was 32 yards down field. The first two TDs to Jarwin were for 19 and 21 yards respectively. C'mon. 

These are true facts. Unfortunately so were several misses, none bigger than the terrible throw to Cooper. The truth is in the middle guys. He's not the worst and he's not great. He is league average. Still young- can still grow. But has not shown appreciable growth in vision or pocket awareness thru three years. 

I doubt Dallas can upgrade him but he will never grab a 7-9 team by the balls and make em 12-4 like the elite qbs in the league.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

Oh Jesus, watch the other throws. For every one good one, it’s followed up by multiple poor ones. Do we really need to keep going over this? We all watch the games and see the same missed throws.

Ya but not all of us get spoon fed our thoughts because we are incapable of independent thought.

Just now, Ace5 said:

These are true facts. Unfortunately so were several misses, none bigger than the terrible throw to Cooper. The truth is in the middle guys. He's not the worst and he's not great. He is league average. Still young- can still grow. But has not shown appreciable growth in vision or pocket awareness thru three years. 

I doubt Dallas can upgrade him but he will never grab a 7-9 team by the balls and make em 12-4 like the elite qbs in the league.

The sad truth about top 5 QBs is there is only 5 of them. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The sad truth about top 5 QBs is there is only 5 of them. 

110% true. Hopefully the FO realizes it and doesn't pay him like one. Dallas needs his supporting cast as much if not more than him.

Here's the thing. Dak isn't an elite QB. He's good, he has his flaws. But he's also clutch as hell and has that "it" factor.

I tend to believe the sky's the limit for him if we can get someone to develop him further. Linehan isn't that guy nor is Kellen Moore. 

Calling him Quincy Carter at this point is just asinine. 

12 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t see how people can claim he isn’t clutch. He definitely is. He’s just blissfully unaware of anything related to the pocket and can’t hit the broad side of a barn if it’s more than 8 yards down field. But make no mistake, he has the clutch gene. Quincy has ice water in his veins, and that sense of calm and his poise is felt by the rest of the team.

Interesting that YOU of all people state this.

I think that "clutch gene" is the hardest and perhaps the single most important factor in a QB. And Dak has it.

3 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

110% true. Hopefully the FO realizes it and doesn't pay him like one. Dallas needs his supporting cast as much if not more than him.

With the way the cap keeps increasing, guys are probably going to get paid slightly higher than they should. 

I'd rather lock-up Dak than risk going through a QB carousel again. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Here's the thing. Dak isn't an elite QB. He's good, he has his flaws. But he's also clutch as hell and has that "it" factor.

I tend to believe the sky's the limit for him if we can get someone to develop him further. Linehan isn't that guy nor is Kellen Moore. 

Calling him Quincy Carter at this point is just asinine. 

BINGO and BINGO !!!!

8 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

This team goes the way Dak goes. The stats back it up.

Don't think it's any coincidence once he started playing better, a 3-5 team became a 10-6 team. 

I was impress with Dak performance today.

He still has those accuracy flaws, pocket awareness and anticipation issues. 

However, he has other intangibles that can lead the team to victories. I do believe he can benefit with a new QB coach and OC. 

He still has another year left on his Rookie contract. I would NOT give him an extension until he can prove that he can make plays consistently. If he can perform at a TOP 10 level QB then pull the trigger. Below that I would continually franchise until I find another replacement. 

Guys- I want ti clear this up.

1. I LOVE Dak as a locker room leader and a high charecter guy. 

2. I fully believe that with the proper supporting cast Dallas can be highly successful.

3. I understand that it can be much much worse than Dak. I can recite every starting qb after aikman and before Romo like my own personal murder list.

HOWEVER

1. I have a major issue with cherry picking stats that put him in the conversation with elite qbs.

2. I am beyond horrified that Jerry will pay him 3x what he's worth and sink this franchise thensecond it finally left cap hell, and that those cherry picked stats are possibly a reason why.

3. I am reasonably confident that he is (not at but) near his ceiling as a passer. That level of play needs help on both sides of the ball that teams can't afford with massive qb contracts.

Thats all im saying.

Archived