Where Does Nick Foles Go in 2019?

footbull3196

Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

In the extreme hypothetical where Foles goes on another godly run and the Eagles win another SB, how could the Eagles let him go anywhere? It would be strange to let a QB who brought you back-to-back SBs after a previous franchise history of 0 just walk.

I'd argue even if he somehow gets them to the NFC Championship you've got to REALLY reconsider. 

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

In the extreme hypothetical where Foles goes on another godly run and the Eagles win another SB, how could the Eagles let him go anywhere? It would be strange to let a QB who brought you back-to-back SBs after a previous franchise history of 0 just walk.

If this happens hopefully he retires right after lol

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nope. Joe Montana in 1989 and Joe Flacco in 2012 are on another level.

Not to mention Foles only played really well in 2 out of the 3 games.  Montana played really well in all 3 and Flacco was on fire for 4 of them, 2 of which were on the road

Just now, childofpudding said:

OK, Montana in '89 I agree. That's a level all its own. However, Foles in 2017 >= Flacco in 2012.

Uh, no. 

Flacco - 2012

73/126

57.9%

1140 yards

9.0 YPA

11 TDs

8.7%

0 Ints

0%

117.2 passer rating

Foles - 2017

77/106

72.6%

971 yards

9.2 YPA

6 TDs

5.7%

1 Int

0.9%

115.7 passer rating

36 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

OK, Montana in '89 I agree. That's a level all its own. However, Foles in 2017 >= Flacco in 2012.

No matter how you shake it they’re both incredibly good runs. Foles beat the greatest dynasty ever while also knocking off the reigning NFC champs and a historically good defense. Flacco beat the greatness dynasty ever while also beating a historically good offense and a stacked Niners team.

Its entertaining to see how fast people jump on a man who's down. Lets look at some relevant information and stats.

In every game this season the Eagles lost (7) they only lost by one score with the exception of the Saints game.  Every week came a new injury; their starting SS Rodney Mcleod, then Darren Sproles,  Mike Wallace, Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills, Sidney Jones, Jay Ajayi and members on the offensive line. The team was in chaos. It came to the point where Philly was signing that had no business being in the NFL to fill their corner slots and moving a rookie slot corner to start at safety. Two games we held a 17 point lead, only to lose it and lose the game. We hold onto those leads and we are 9-5... minimum. The defense had its struggles but the offense is what made it worse.. It was like the other team knew what was being called and the receivers had a rough time getting separation.. It didn't help that Ajayi went down.  Despite these struggles, these are Carson's numbers: 

69.6% Completion rate (top 5) | 3,074 yards | 21 TD | 7 INT | 102.2 Passer Rating in 11 games  coming off a serious knee injury. I know that excuse is used alot but if a QB isn't confident in throwing off his front foot then that becomes a problem. 

Some say the the players play better with Nick but the facts say the offense (points scored) was heating up before Nick started. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Uh, no. 

Flacco - 2012

73/126

57.9%

1140 yards

9.0 YPA

11 TDs

8.7%

0 Ints

0%

117.2 passer rating

Foles - 2017

77/106

72.6%

971 yards

9.2 YPA

6 TDs

5.7%

1 Int

0.9%

115.7 passer rating

Pretty much the same passer rating, but Foles had higher DVOA, 69.7% to 56%. Volume numbers need context, as Foles had 3 games to Flacco's 4. Foles also had a receiving TD...

So like I said, >=

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Pretty much the same passer rating, but Foles had higher DVOA, 69.7% to 56%. Volume numbers need context, as Foles had 3 games to Flacco's 4. Foles also had a receiving TD...

So like I said, >=

The volume numbers have context with attempts. I don't care about DVOA. Flacco threw 11 TDs to 0 Ints. He had an insane TD%. His YPA was through the roof despite a bad completion percentage. It's an easy choice. Even with Foles' passer rating being inflated by his completion percentage, Flacco comes out ahead. You're left arguing with DVOA, and I put no value in that metric.

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The volume numbers have context with attempts. I don't care about DVOA. Flacco threw 11 TDs to 0 Ints. He had an insane TD%. His YPA was through the roof despite a bad completion percentage. It's an easy choice. Even with Foles' passer rating being inflated by his completion percentage, Flacco comes out ahead. You're left arguing with DVOA, and I put no value in that metric.

Just because you proclaim that you dont care about DVOA doesnt mean it doesnt matter. I dont care about TD% ! Dumb argument, right? Right. Per play performance adjusted for defensive strength matters whether you like it or not.

Foles had better completion percentage and YPA, Flacco had better TD% and INT%. Foles also had more yards per game, by a significant amount. Their passer ratings were about equal. Proclaiming Flacco in 2012 was on "another level" compared to Foles last season is absurd.

Archived