What do we have to look forward to as fans?

mar29020

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

That's nice, Barkley is better. Barkley is the best RB in the NFL

How? Elliot has two seasons with more yards. As a rookie Elliot had 15 rushing TDS, 4 more than Barkley this year. It's close between the two, but Barkley isn't better than Elliot, and Gurley is also in this conversation.

So DJ wanted to win, wanted to change the culture and from this video, he's either putting in extra time before or after practice at Redskins Park doing drills.  NFL teams, the Redskins included, put up with a whole lot more than Swearinger being outspoken to keep players on their roster, and yet they cut one of the hardest workers we have.  

And I will not accept anyone trying to reason that they had to back up and support Manusky here.  The franchise itself clearly doesn't care about that, as it's been leaked that they've interviewed Todd Bowles, Steve Wilks and Gregg Williams for their DC job while Manusky remains under contract.  

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And I will not accept anyone trying to reason that they had to back up and support Manusky here. 

The franchise itself clearly doesn't care about that, as it's been leaked that they've interviewed Todd Bowles, Steve Wilks and Gregg Williams for their DC job while Manusky remains under contract.  

One doesn't really relate to the other. ( I don't like that DJS is gone, btw )

They looked around because they know Manusky's lacking at DC, but they also respect him enough to not allow a player to squat all over him publicly. Basically, they were tired of DJS's behavior, and had enough. It's their call to make. 

Oh, and after reading your post more carefully, I think you mistook DJ for Guice? lol

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I had a thought.  Assuming Bruce is here to stay obviously, we might be purposefully striking out with coaches. Trying but not trying. Then, after another sub mediocre year next year we clean house. New coach, new staff, new QB. 

You think they are doing this to gauge their interest in being head coach for us?  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You think they are doing this to gauge their interest in being head coach for us?  

I won’t say no. The candidates didn’t scream HC to me though. It’s just to show them doing effort (maybe throwing a bone to the coach or agent - Williams and Bowles specifically), and showing “were trying”. Then, after a crap year, we will clean house. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I won’t say no. The candidates didn’t scream HC to me though. It’s just to show them doing effort (maybe throwing a bone to the coach or agent - Williams and Bowles specifically), and showing “were trying”. Then, after a crap year, we will clean house. 

But if we are cleaning house, what purpose does this serve aside from digging at our own coaches, who we should be supporting?  These guys will all have contracts with other teams next year, and unless you are offering a promotion (which is head coach) then the other teams won't let them interview.  Just seems like a lot of work just to throw a bone for personal reasons or a favor. 

Archived