Free ain't free in the NFL...

vike daddy

This year the Vikings had $182 million in salary given out to 62 players, but for the 2019 season they already have $181 million given out to just 43 players. The good news for the Vikings is that the NFL announced this month that the salary cap for next season will go up by about $10 million, to $191 million overall, compared to $177.2 million this season.

Who can the Vikings bring back and still keep under the salary cap?

Their unrestricted free agents are: quarterback Trevor Siemian; running backs Latavius Murray and Ameer Abdullah; wide receiver Aldrick Robinson, offensive linemen Nick EastonBrett Jones and Tom Compton; defensive tackles Sheldon Richardson and Tom Johnson; linebacker Anthony Barr; defensive backs Marcus SherelsGeorge Iloka and Anthony Harris; and kicker Dan Bailey.

http://www.startribune.com/upcoming-free-agent-class-will-be-a-challenge-for-vikings/503665492/

who do you keep?

15 hours ago, perrynoid said:

I would add Richardson to that list if his contract demands are reasonable.

If they can make Barr and Richardson work financially, I'd prefer to see it happen. Though interior DT play seemed to be an issue down the stretch so I'd look to bring in additional depth in the middle of the draft. Jaleel Johnson hasn't really progressed and it's difficult to know where Holmes is at.

Trevor Siemian - gone

Latavius Murray - gone but he has been good.

Ameer Abdullah - gone

Aldrick Robinson - hmm how much?

Nick Easton - romored career ending neck injury

Brett Jones - gone

Tom Compton - gone

Sheldon Richardson - gone too much $$

Tom Johnson - sign

Anthony Barr - gone imo I think he will regress once signed to big $$

Marcus Sherels - wow I cant count him out

George Iloka - gone

Anthony Harris - pay the man

Dan Bailey - idk he was ok

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Imagine what they could do with an extra $28,000,000. 

Pretty easy to get when you cast off Sendejo and Remmers and release or restructure Rudolph and Griffin... and it would not be $28M... we’d be paying $20M to someone. 

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Pretty easy to get when you cast off Sendejo and Remmers and release or restructure Rudolph and Griffin... and it would not be $28M... we’d be paying $20M to someone. 

Maybe. But paying 18 or 20 to Keenum or someone would've made it easy to get them off the books this coming year, would've tempered expectations, and likely wouldn't have led to any worse of a worse result. 

Archived