Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Disclaimer: The following take is IF Thomas hip needs surgery

If Thomas needs surgery, the Celtics are extremely vulnerable, and the Cavs are perfectly justified in reneging on the trade. 

The Celtics can't afford to take back Thomas in a contract year with a bad hip. They have a chance at avoiding that situation by trading for Irving, who's just about to enter his prime. That rightfully should cost more then an uncertain Nets 1st round pick and some bench players.

If I'm the Cavs, I insist on Brown, Tatum, or the Lakers 1st round pick being added. 

You mean... before he'd seen his family after his sister just died? Lol

Blinded by being a Celtics fan? You've gotta be blinded by something to think Kyrie is a natural passer. I actually scoffed when you just said that. You also said he's better at getting to the rim yet IT leads the league in drives per game. OK. 

"He's just played in a series of terrible offensive schemes" Ok. I wonder what the common demoninator there is?? SHRUG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkness said:

Disclaimer: The following take is IF Thomas hip needs surgery

If Thomas needs surgery, the Celtics are extremely vulnerable, and the Cavs are perfectly justified in reneging on the trade. 

The Celtics can't afford to take back Thomas in a contract year with a bad hip. They have a chance at avoiding that situation by trading for Irving, who's just about to enter his prime. That rightfully should cost more then an uncertain Nets 1st round pick and some bench players.

If I'm the Cavs, I insist on Brown, Tatum, or the Lakers 1st round pick being added. 

xDxD I am literally also laughing at this. Oh god. New board, same pit 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Its insulting tbh.

Seriously though, I'd be totally fine with Danny calling it off. Keep the Nets pick for another trade, trade Crowder for a shooter or more picks and let IT get healthy and then let him walk.

...but... crowder... is... a shooter...

Yeah, unfortunately, being a good passer means you're a willing passer and that's a consistency matter. We can just pretend like LeBron hasn't called him out for not being a playmaker and literally telling the press he wants playmakers on the team. He's much more likely to take a bad shot than make a good pass or maybe even the right pass. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

...but... crowder... is... a shooter...

I didn't say he wasn't. He was already unhappy because we signed Gordon Hayward, he certainly wont be happy in Boston after we tried to trade him. If the trade gets revoked Crowder is definitely getting traded.

13 hours ago, Darkness said:

And if this trade falls through, it only make the Celtics decision to pass on Fultz at #1 look that much dumber

lol what. We picked up a lottery pick and still got the #1 guy on our board. PGs are the easiest position in the league to find, elite wing scorers are the hardest. Completely LOVE what the Celtics did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

lol what. We picked up a lottery pick and still got the #1 guy on our board. PGs are the easiest position in the league to find, elite wing scorers are the hardest. Completely LOVE what the Celtics did.

...Tatum isn't an elite wing scorer...

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

...Tatum isn't an elite wing scorer...

Tatums ceiling is an elite wing scorer. I'm not saying he's a guarantee to reach that. Regardless, he was #1 on Bostons board. 

Regardless of amateur prospects opinions, the team traded back and got a lottery pick and still got the #1 player on their board. Thats a win. Obviously if Tatum busts and Fultz is an all-star the public opinion will be very negative, but as of right now the Celtics did the right move with the conclusion THEY came to on these two prospects.

16 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Tatums ceiling is an elite wing scorer. I'm not saying he's a guarantee to reach that. Regardless, he was #1 on Bostons board. 

Regardless of amateur prospects opinions, the team traded back and got a lottery pick and still got the #1 player on their board. Thats a win. Obviously if Tatum busts and Fultz is an all-star the public opinion will be very negative, but as of right now the Celtics did the right move with the conclusion THEY came to on these two prospects.

The Celtics don't have recent history of knocking picks out of the park so I'm not sure them getting their #1 guy really matters all that much.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Let's just assume Taytum becomes an "elite" wing scorer. He's still a ball stopper who can't create for others, with the physical makeup of a tweener. Fultz is both a great scorer and passer, who you can build a system around. There's no comparison between the two prospects and what they'd bring to their teams at their full potential.