2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I put a like on that post, but I doubt we would do that.  Are there any decent QB's available in this draft?  It sounds like the list is very short.  I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a QB in round 3 or later.

Heckuva lot of Ponders, and Paxton Lynch types that will be forced into the first round. 

There isn’t a bunch of Bakers, Watson’s, Mahomes, Goff types. 

Next years class the way it’s shaking out will be insane. 

Tua, Herbert, Fromm, and maybe even Lawrence if they change the rules for the draft. 

Not to meantion if Haskins and Stidham return, it would be another very big class. 

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Don't forget that KC traded a haul to draft him to. I'm not well versed with this year's class. I'm speaking in more hypotheticals. If you love a QB with great physical talent, pull the trigger. Cousins shouldn't get in the way of this just like Smith didn't in KC.

Absolutely, they also were in a situation where they could trade Smith, and we aren’t with Cousins because of his Salary.

there just isn’t a ton of QB’s you can love outside of Haskins, and it’s not even a sure thing he will go (he should with Herbert leaving and no other talent) but we don’t have the availability to trade up to #2 without giving up an insane amount of capital on a QB that really is a project with no QB developers on the roster. 

The next QB Jones will end up being drafted 1st round because he is the protypical 6’5” pocket passer and really is the next best option. 

Im all for spending captiol on a QB when it’s feasible. This year, it just truely isn’t. 

The 1b QB in this draft is 5’9”, less than 200 LBS and might just go play baseball. 

This isn’t a QB draft, it is a everything but draft.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

My least favorite spot to look for a OC is in our situation. Most of the time, your have to take your shot on a position coach somewhere, stay in house, or go after a coach that didn’t work out somewhere else.

Adam Gase out in Miami intrigues me. 

59 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Win now mode, when you don't even make the playoffs.. 

Adding 2 IOLs & trotting out basically the same team + lighter schedule maybe gets us a home playoff game.

For a bigger win now opportunity, you need a different voice, HC & OC need upgrading along with 2 IOL. 

Our in game management is terrible, and our scheming is bad.... I would say only our raw talent is giving us a chance, but we are getting smashed by other coaches.

If Zimmer leaves, our defense is going in the crapper. Our talent isn’t that great.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

5. Zimmer MUST give up running the defense, and make other fundamental changes, if he wants to avoid my worst case scenario.  He needs to bring his mentor, Bill Parcells, as a one year head coaching consultant.  Maybe think of bringing Dirk Koetter on as Offensive Coordinator as long as he doesn't try to bring Winston along with him.

This part really catches my eye ... I mean, you won't find a fan who loves The Tuna more than me, but I don't think Parcells would go for it. He'll be 78 years old by the start of the season and the game appeared to have passed him by when he retired from coaching in the 2000s. But it would make for great TV, and even at his age I think he could still motivate guys. (Better than Zimmer can at any rate ... sorry, Mike.)

Archived