2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

That would be great...as far as I'm concerned. 

I wasn’t joking a bit. Browns offense sure made a 180 switch under these two. 

Second half of the season the Browns offensive line allowed the least amount of sacks, and had some of my favorite playcalling of any team in the NFL. 

Wylie is also 67, and is currently resting from a fractured ankle a little over a week ago.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

There’s no way that John Dorsey can let Kitchens leave Cleveland. 

Really depends on who they actually hire. If they hire an offensive coach, typically they like running the offense and playcalling. 

I see no way Mike McCarthey and Freddie Kitchens working together. Playcalling and offensive styles don’t exactly match well. At least the Mike McCarthey before Aaron became AR12

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

One lucky playoff win in five years, and no changes are needed at GM or head coach? After they went all in this year. Sigh. 

Both Zimmer and Spielman have to be on the hot seat in 2019. Not fielding a good playoff team will have to be considered a failure.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I won’t be shocked if the Vikings go after an OL coach and offer big money along with the “run game coordinator “ title. 

OL coaches generally do handle the week to week run game stuff. I believe that was reiterated in an article or statement following the death of Tony Sparano and its impact on the team. 

24 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

One lucky playoff win in five years, and no changes are needed at GM or head coach? After they went all in this year. Sigh. 

I agree, ownership is content because the money is rolling in. If they were serious, they would let Zimmer go & get a HC for final 2 years with Cousins.

Nothing the Wilfs have done suggests this is just a money grab for them... they’ve done anything, and everything, that could possibly help this team on the personnel side. 

Including dumping $84M into escrow for Cousins and the countless other millions in guarantees they’ve paid out to free agents. Had we had Khalil Mack instead of the Raiders, you can bet he’d still be wearing our colors  

Yeah, they make money off the new digs, but they really make money when the team is good, and they’ve made every effort to help that process... including trusting their football guys instead of pretending they know more than they do (ala Washington and Oakland for years). 

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Nothing the Wilfs have done suggests this is just a money grab for them... they’ve done anything, and everything, that could possibly help this team on the personnel side. 

Including dumping $84M into escrow for Cousins and the countless other millions in guarantees they’ve paid out to free agents. Had we had Khalil Mack instead of the Raiders, you can bet he’d still be wearing our colors  

Yeah, they make money off the new digs, but they really make money when the team is good, and they’ve made every effort to help that process... including trusting their football guys instead of pretending they know more than they do (ala Washington and Oakland for years). 

Other than shelling out hundreds of millions for a state of the art stadium, best practice facilities in the league, and huge guaranteed deals, the Wilf's have done nothing to show they are committed to building championship team. They're standing behind the best head coach we've had in quite a while and a GM that has built one of the best rosters in the league sans one position group. How dare they

38 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

After they went all in this year. Sigh.

But their all in move wasn’t about this one year. It’s a three plan. 2019 will need to have results, and likely results beyond just a playoff birth. If 2019 ends in a similar fashion to 2018, then you can bet on wholesale changes.

54 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I agree, ownership is content because the money is rolling in. If they were serious, they would let Zimmer go & get a HC for final 2 years with Cousins.

I doubt ownership is content today. You can be unhappy, but believe things will be different next year. Ownership has been great.

Archived