2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I agree, ownership is content because the money is rolling in. If they were serious, they would let Zimmer go & get a HC for final 2 years with Cousins.

I’d rather keep Zimmer and dump Cousins. Zimmer does more for his side of the ball. That’s not really feasible though.

5 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Not that this would ever happen, but would you trade Cousins for Keenum right now with how their contracts currently stand?

No. Because the only real benefit of having Keenum’s current contract is that it’s easier to unload. Meaning that on top of trying to fix the offensive line, you’d be looking for a new quarterback. 

I’d rather focus 2019 on trying to build the best team around Cousins. Do what you can to mask his deficiencies. 

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

One lucky playoff win in five years, and no changes are needed at GM or head coach? After they went all in this year. Sigh. 

They had a playoff loss that was just as lucky as their win. Regardless, the contract with Cousins most likely means we’re just as well off letting them try to correct the situation next year. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Zimmer is the head coach. He’s responsible for the WHOLE team.

That is true, but Zimmer does make a difference in defense. If we could pair him with a QB who makes a difference on offense, that would be the ideal situation.

The defense is good, the receivers and running back is good enough. The QB is in place for the next 2 seasons regardless.The only thing we can really do next year  is upgrade the offensive line as much as possible and maybe try to find an coordinator who is a genius. 

Archived