Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think Hutchinson deserves it long before Boselli does.

Hutchinson had the longer career and was obviously a top tier guard and is deserving of a spot, but while Boselli's career was short relative to what you'd come to expect from HOF OL, at his peak there might not have been a better OT in the league, and that was with him playing at the same time as guys like Ogden, Pace and (walter)Jones. His prime stretch is up there with any LT in NFL history.

Someone I follow on twitter(forget who) noted that while 90 games isn't the longest career, it's still more than someone like Terrell Davis, and Boselli was a better LT by a pretty good margin than Davis was an RB IMO.

Of course I'm just biased in regards to OL period, so worth taking my opinion with a grain of salt. It's my favorite position group in all of football.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, Titans fan 617 said:

Yes all CBs get beat but I’m just not sold on him being a top guy. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong over time. 

Gun to my head and I had to pick who’s going to play better Sunday Talib or Gilmore I’m going Talib

You still got Talib 🗣 you know he was voted 1st team all pro

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

You still got Talib 🗣 you know he was voted 1st team all pro

Talib didn’t play bad neither guy did. Goff’s awful though if Mariota or even Bortles play QB tonight Rams probably win the SB. Titans lost Walker Mariota Lewan Conklin Pamphile Taylor Smith Casey Ryan Evans Woodyard Cyprien Smith at all different times of the year and the Titans found ways to win games but Goff loses Kupp and his whole season went to crap. 

Still not a believer in Gilmore being a top CB he’s good just not great. 

7 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Talib didn’t play bad neither guy did. Goff’s awful though if Mariota or even Bortles play QB tonight Rams probably win the SB. Titans lost Walker Mariota Lewan Conklin Pamphile Taylor Smith Casey Ryan Evans Woodyard Cyprien Smith at all different times of the year and the Titans found ways to win games but Goff loses Kupp and his whole season went to crap. 

Still not a believer in Gilmore being a top CB he’s good just not great. 

I didn’t say Talib played bad, my point is Gilmore made more plays he’s 1st team All -pro you still got the buffalo bills Gilmore in your head, he’s better they let him play to his strength the boy has arrived 

5 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I didn’t say Talib played bad, my point is Gilmore made more plays he’s 1st team All -pro you still got the buffalo bills Gilmore in your head, he’s better they let him play to his strength the boy has arrived 

Gilmores Pick last night was more about Goff’s bad throw than Gilmore making a spectacular play. 

The CB who made the 2 biggest plays last night spent most of his time playing in Tennessee for his career. JMac stood out more to me last night than Gilmore did

I’m done talking about the Patriots it’s time to look ahead. It’s going to be a long slow month but where do the Titans start this offseason?

Cuts are usually where teams start do the Titans look to cut anyone significant as far as a name or payroll? 

Cyprien is probably the guy atop that list what do you guys think happen with him? I honestly want to see a defense where Byard and Vaccaro play the Safety position and wouldn’t mind Cyp playing like a Pat Chung type roll where he’s in the box like a LB. I just wonder how the Titans view his contract situation.

Conklin is a name that at the end of the day I don’t see the Titans trading but I could see his name being floated out there.

Teams from around the league will also cut one veteran guys are there any rumors of any veterans that can be cut that the Titans might jump in on if cut?

Lastly the one big name player trying to get traded is Antonio Brown I don’t think the Titans try and get involved in the discussions I don’t even believe the Steelers would trade him to an AFC team that’s just my opinion but what are everyone’s feelings about AB?

I don’t know about yous but last nights SB left an awful taste in my mouth. From our very first game in Miami until last night in Atlanta this season has sucked in so many ways. Pats won they are the greatest and all of that but there’s no reason why the Titans can’t challenge the Pats or KC next year for a spot in the SB. Starts with Mariotas health but with I’m confident in Vrabel to lead the way we just have to find some way of staying healthy but before we start talking SB Titans need to make a big effort to start winning inside the division first and go from there. This offseason needs to be geared to start taking down Houston and Indy 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Gilmores Pick last night was more about Goff’s bad throw than Gilmore making a spectacular play. 

The CB who made the 2 biggest plays last night spent most of his time playing in Tennessee for his career. JMac stood out more to me last night than Gilmore did

Wrong I see you don’t watch football. Gilmore also forced a fumble though it didn’t stay out of bounds & because of Gilmore the patriots were able to double Reynolds wit Mccourty &safety help or their other corner. Gilmore was left on a island wit cooks which allowed the patriots to double team their other WR’s that’s where the tape don’t lie, having a lockdown corner gives you that advantage again you just don’t like Gilmore but moving on 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m done talking about the Patriots it’s time to look ahead. It’s going to be a long slow month but where do the Titans start this offseason?

Cuts are usually where teams start do the Titans look to cut anyone significant as far as a name or payroll? 

Cyprien is probably the guy atop that list what do you guys think happen with him? I honestly want to see a defense where Byard and Vaccaro play the Safety position and wouldn’t mind Cyp playing like a Pat Chung type roll where he’s in the box like a LB. I just wonder how the Titans view his contract situation.

Conklin is a name that at the end of the day I don’t see the Titans trading but I could see his name being floated out there.

Teams from around the league will also cut one veteran guys are there any rumors of any veterans that can be cut that the Titans might jump in on if cut?

Lastly the one big name player trying to get traded is Antonio Brown I don’t think the Titans try and get involved in the discussions I don’t even believe the Steelers would trade him to an AFC team that’s just my opinion but what are everyone’s feelings about AB?

I don’t know about yous but last nights SB left an awful taste in my mouth. From our very first game in Miami until last night in Atlanta this season has sucked in so many ways. Pats won they are the greatest and all of that but there’s no reason why the Titans can’t challenge the Pats or KC next year for a spot in the SB. Starts with Mariotas health but with I’m confident in Vrabel to lead the way we just have to find some way of staying healthy but before we start talking SB Titans need to make a big effort to start winning inside the division first and go from there. This offseason needs to be geared to start taking down Houston and Indy 

I think we keep Cyp but only if he agrees to a pay cut wit no guaranteed money left he’s not coming back at 5.7 mill I believe 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Wrong I see you don’t watch football. Gilmore also forced a fumble though it didn’t stay out of bounds & because of Gilmore the patriots were able to double Reynolds wit Mccourty &safety help or their other corner. Gilmore was left on a island wit cooks which allowed the patriots to double team their other WR’s that’s where the tape don’t lie, having a lockdown corner gives you that advantage again you just don’t like Gilmore but moving on 👍🏽

Didn’t Cooks run by Gilmore on the almost TD then McCourty left his guy to come across the field to make that play? McCourtys 2 break ups helped win that game 

37 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Didn’t Cooks run by Gilmore on the almost TD then McCourty left his guy to come across the field to make that play? McCourtys 2 break ups helped win that game 

The catch that would’ve been a perfect throw that cooks beat Gilmore would’ve brought the rams with in 3.. but still he played a hell of a football game caused a fumble got an interception & took away half the field & allowed the pats to double Reynolds trusting Gilmore would take away cooks, just how he did TyReke Hill the game before all pro 1st team 🤷🏽‍♂️