2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

17 hours ago, muncher said:

lol..............another high character hire here.

guy was suspended in college for violating rules and hasnt coached in 2 years.....

Yes, he's just a terrible guy...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17563087/ucla-bruins-assistant-adrian-klemm-penalized-ncaa-violating-ethical-conduct-rules

Klemm admitted to paying $2,400 for housing and private training sessions for two prospects, but claimed he was not aware that violated NCAA rules because he believed the prospects had signed national letters of intent. The prospects had committed to UCLA but had not yet enrolled, according to UCLA's internal investigation, which begin in March 2015.

"This was a good lesson for all of our coaches and staff -- we must know every single NCAA rule and adhere to them, period," UCLA coach Jim Mora said in a statement released by the school.

Said Klemm in the same statement, "While I certainly did not intentionally violate NCAA rules, the fact of the matter is that I did violate NCAA rules, and I accept full responsibility. I need to be aware of every rule, and I will be moving forward."

That's all I can find as far as rules violations and that was not while he was college, which you made it sound like fyi.

Edited by skywlker32

2 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Yes, he's just a terrible guy...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17563087/ucla-bruins-assistant-adrian-klemm-penalized-ncaa-violating-ethical-conduct-rules

That's all I can find as far as rules violations and that was not while he was college, which you made it sound like fyi.

nope, it was when he was older and more mature, fyi

2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

And it was a pretty harmless situation tbh.

as reported, sure. i would bet theres more to it.

just doesnt seem like a real bright thing to do. we arent talking about an 18 year old kid.

a grown man who went thru all the steps in college and made it to the pros shouldnt be able to use the excuse 'i didnt know'

if he wasnt knowingly doing something under handed, seems like he could have just asked a higher up if it was allowed.

49 minutes ago, muncher said:

as reported, sure. i would bet theres more to it.

just doesnt seem like a real bright thing to do. we arent talking about an 18 year old kid.

a grown man who went thru all the steps in college and made it to the pros shouldnt be able to use the excuse 'i didnt know'

if he wasnt knowingly doing something under handed, seems like he could have just asked a higher up if it was allowed.

So you are going to claim he is a bad person because of your speculation of the situation. Worst case, he was paying players knowing it was against the NCAA, which is something that is done pretty rampantly from what I understand. Even if that was an abnormal thing to do in NCAA, it doesn't make him terrible by any means.

But please go ahead and find something wrong with every move just because you want to be mad at the Steelers (Tomlin moreso). As @warfelg said, if you hate this team this much, please just do us all a favor and move on to somewhere else.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Im not really supporting his post, but the makeup of the pre-merger league was a completely different league and not even really comparable to the post merger league.

Doesnt mean that championships from the pre merger league dont count, but its silly to factor them into a post merger discussion.

Your team is the greatest MODERN dynasty.....but did nothing notable for the first 30 years after the merger.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, wwhickok said:

I do understand what you are saying I really do but the fact of the matter is Pittsburgh Steelers have been winning the Super Bowl's going to the AFC championships winning divisions etc etc for far longer then the New England Patriots the fact of the matter is the Pittsburgh Steelers while they only have just as many Super Bowls has the Patriots have been a winning team for the majority of every season since 1974. You can isolate the career of Tom Brady and talk about how great the New England Patriots are and don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything from them they have been a great Dynasty during this era for that team but prior to Tom Brady this team was terrible. It was really not that good at all and I think people forget that so this claim and yeah I kind of said this but I think my post was taken a little bit out of context but you cannot blanket statement say that the New England Patriots are the best historical team ever in the Super Bowl era what they have done during the Tom Brady era is historic but it doesn't change the fact that they haven't been the most successful team since the Super Bowl era began that is a just flat-out untrue statement. My point was that recent history shows the New England Patriots has the most successful team and for the Steelers to regain their Prestige they need to improve their roster to a level that can compete with the likes of the New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs and even the Indianapolis Colts in the playoffs.

I appreciate your very kind remarks, gentlemen, and I wanted to respond before I depart the Steeler forum for the offseason.  After all, I consider myself a guest here and certainly don't want to wear out my welcome. 

One of the things I've always admired about the Pittsburgh Steelers has been their very rich history (even pre-1970s) and the Rooney family. 

I am a firm believer that the buck stops with ownership, and good ownership and good management are vital to sustained success.  The Rooneys are by every account some of the best people anywhere.  They have not only been loving stewards of an NFL (and American) institution, but have made sure that the right people have been in place to succeed.  Coaches coach and players play, but the people who put them in place are even more important.  The Rooneys are the reason I think the Steelers are one of the flagship teams of the NFL, and have been for some time. 

The Patriots began their ascent the day Bob Kraft bought the team and saved them from moving to St. Louis.  After some growing pains as a neophyte owner, he "got it" and put the right people in place.  Bill Belichick is our Chuck Noll.  You get the idea.

The great Steeler teams of the '70s had in my opinion the best decade in NFL history.  The Patriots have yet to win four Super Bowls in a decade.  Hats off to you. 

Wishing you and the Steelers a successful offseason, and I'm sure I'll see some of you guys on main boards. 

Take care.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

The Patriots began their ascent the day Bob Kraft bought the team and saved them from moving to St. Louis.  After some growing pains as a neophyte owner, he "got it" and put the right people in place.  Bill Belichick is our Chuck Noll.  You get the idea.

Yea.....but he did **** over the good people of Hartford and Bristol CT (where the stadium and practice facilities were planning on going).  (point of note, I'm from Bristol CT, yes I'm friends with the Hernandez family, no you don't have to worry because there are no gangs in Bristol CT).

Edited by warfelg