2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Still no Alan Fanica in the HOF.  Absurd.

Fanecas resume is pretty ludicrous to not make it in. What was this, his 4th year of eligibility?

I know it was an obvious choice but I’m glad Ed Reed is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Easily my favorite Raven player. (Rod Woodson doesn’t count, plus I was too young to remember watching him play anyhow). Paving the way for Polamalu to be a first ballot next year, hopefully alongside Faneca.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

More upset that Chap Bailey is 1st ballot with identical stats to the non-HOF Donnie Shell 

Ehh, Champ played in an era where rules made it harder to defend the pass.    Im not saying he definitely shouldve been first ballot, but he deserves to be in.

Ty Law really has no business being in.   He was good, with maybe one elite year.    Faneca was absolutely a more consistently dominant player than Law....but Law played a more difficult position.      Still, Faneca should absolutely be in over him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

Get ready for some company in the 6 super bowl club this evening!

Of all the times to be alive, we get to watch the Patriots win and win and win. Im young enough that I can only recall a few games before the Patriots reign of terror began. Call me bitter, but I’m really freakin tired of it. 😂

Go Rams 🙄

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ehh, Champ played in an era where rules made it harder to defend the pass.    Im not saying he definitely shouldve been first ballot, but he deserves to be in.

Ty Law really has no business being in.   He was good, with maybe one elite year.    Faneca was absolutely a more consistently dominant player than Law....but Law played a more difficult position.      Still, Faneca should absolutely be in over him.

Oh not saying Champ should be in. Saying the argument for keeping Shell out is becoming harder. 

• Like 1

Looking more and more like we are trading Brown.    

Also, its still being reported the Steelers are going to transition tag Bell.

Could we potentially end up with 3 first round picks?    That would be pretty nice...even if its a future first.

Also, the front office is apparently looking into giving Shazier a one year deal.    Im really not sure why.     I know he wants to come back, but lets be real here....he wont play in 2019 and 28 by 2020.   I will never feel comfortable watching him if he comes back.  If he gets to 100%, he needs to possibly look into coaching....not playing.

will be annoying seeing NE win another SB, but it could be worse. it would be a complete nightmare if the Browns, Bengals, Ravens or cowboys were having this level of success lol.

steelers were able to win some Superbowls during this pat run to ease the blow too, so this era was not all in the dark.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Also, the front office is apparently looking into giving Shazier a one year deal.    Im really not sure why.     I know he wants to come back, but lets be real here....he wont play in 2019 and 28 by 2020.   I will never feel comfortable watching him if he comes back.  If he gets to 100%, he needs to possibly look into coaching....not playing.

I don’t think I’d be able to watch if he actually played.

Honestly his future in football is in coaching. With his physique I’d say worst case he could be a strength and conditioning coach. Far greater chance he becomes a motivational speaker than a football player.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Art II has already talked about this and it’s gonna be a 1-year league min deal so he can still use the facilities and insurance to rehab. Likely they will sign him and IR him right away. 

• Like 1