2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I’d go after Trent Brown, Roger Saffold, And either Adam Humphries or Devin Funchess on Offense, Deffensivley I’d go after Bennie Logan, ZaDarius Smith, Justin Coleman, and Eric Rowe. Sprinkle in a Back up QB and some special teams guys and I’d be happy.

The only reason I didn’t include Leveon is that I’m kind of getting bullish on him. Not that I don’t think he’s a great RB but I don’t think it’s a coincidence every RB in Pitt over the last couple of years has had a lot of success when on the field (Williams/Connor/Samuels). Along with the fact that he is likely to command 15-18 million a year to me is a big turn off.

A few things to note: 

• RB Le'Veon Bell will be a Jet. Maccagnan fancies him and the Jets are going to overpay. There was a report that was taken out of context saying "he wants to be a Colt"... it was floated as an idea because he would like to play with Andrew Luck, but not like he's going to turn down more money to go there. Again, he'll be a Jet. 
  • With more and more leaking out of Pittsburgh in regards to difficulties with WR Antonio Brown, I think he will be traded as well. He's been clashing with many in the organization for 2 years now, and this latest development will likely be the final straw. The Steelers have been preparing for this (JuJu and Washington the past 2 years). He's close with Le'Veon, and would have the chance to make more money with the Jets. Another player he's close with is Santonio Holmes, who has remained close with the organization. It wouldn't surprise me the least bit if the Jets acquired him given their desire to add weapons. The next coach will have to keep him in line, but the good news is he's not a problem off the field... the structure of our leadership and locker room would just need to find a way to handle him. My guess is the Jets will send a 3rd round pick for him. 

Just some lesser know, underrated guys.  Billy Turner is a guy we should take a look at.  Lesser known guy, but graded out positively this year.  Has experience at tackle in emergency situations.  The type of guy that would stabilize one of the guard positions, but wouldn't command top-tier money.

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

A few things to note: 

• RB Le'Veon Bell will be a Jet. Maccagnan fancies him and the Jets are going to overpay. There was a report that was taken out of context saying "he wants to be a Colt"... it was floated as an idea because he would like to play with Andrew Luck, but not like he's going to turn down more money to go there. Again, he'll be a Jet. 
  • With more and more leaking out of Pittsburgh in regards to difficulties with WR Antonio Brown, I think he will be traded as well. He's been clashing with many in the organization for 2 years now, and this latest development will likely be the final straw. The Steelers have been preparing for this (JuJu and Washington the past 2 years). He's close with Le'Veon, and would have the chance to make more money with the Jets. Another player he's close with is Santonio Holmes, who has remained close with the organization. It wouldn't surprise me the least bit if the Jets acquired him given their desire to add weapons. The next coach will have to keep him in line, but the good news is he's not a problem off the field... the structure of our leadership and locker room would just need to find a way to handle him. My guess is the Jets will send a 3rd round pick for him. 

I have to look into Brown's situation before I say jump on him. One of the rumors is saying that he didn't sit out for knee issues, he was benched and he left during the 3rd. I LOVE watching him play, but if his attitude is truly toxic, not sure if that's wise for a 21 year old QB. 

With Bell, he just want to be PAID. I don't have a problem with that, but his reported asking price is too much for me. 

But would like to see us go after one of them, they both can jump start this offense. I like Bell because he can improve the rushing attack and force LB's to chose between covering him and Herndon. But Brown beat double teams with no problem. It all depends on Bell's price & Brown's actions. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I have to look into Brown's situation before I say jump on him. One of the rumors is saying that he didn't sit out for knee issues, he was benched and he left during the 3rd. I LOVE watching him play, but if his attitude is truly toxic, not sure if that's wise for a 21 year old QB. 

With Bell, he just want to be PAID. I don't have a problem with that, but his reported asking price is too much for me. 

But would like to see us go after one of them, they both can jump start this offense. I like Bell because he can improve the rushing attack and force LB's to chose between covering him and Herndon. But Brown beat double teams with no problem. It all depends on Bell's price & Brown's actions. 

The Jets have taken on drama in the past in guys like Brandon Marshall.  I think the drama is worth the risk personally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I’d be hesitant with Brown, but I still think the Jets will go for it. They did with Brandon Marshall and had fairly positive results. His contract is a non-issue, and the jets can give him additional guarantees for 2019-2020 to satisfy him while maintaining flexibility in case they decided to move on a few years down the road. 

Personally, I think the Steelers are a mess. I’ve heard they sorely lack leadership and honestly that seems to be the best thing going for us. If you can keep Antonio happy... he’s a player that will move the needle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I need to know Brown's reason for what he did before I push him away. It does sound pretty bad on his side, so I have to lean towards Bell if I had to pick out of the two.

Bell is better of two.

Antonio Brown had clashed with coaching staff, players and a several off field situations.  Too many.   As for Bell, his worst thing is contractual crap and that's it so far I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Bell is better of two.

Antonio Brown had clashed with coaching staff, players and a several off field situations.  Too many.   As for Bell, his worst thing is contractual crap and that's it so far I know.

Yeah, it seems too much of a risk to have with Sam and probably a new HC. 

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I need to know Brown's reason for what he did before I push him away. It does sound pretty bad on his side, so I have to lean towards Bell if I had to pick out of the two.

Apparently he doesn’t get along with Tomlin. That’s long been the rumor at least. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Since we're on the topic of troubled players, Fournette is in trouble too. Could be moved this offseason. I'm trying to figure out what happened for Coughlin to call him out like that. 

Coughlin was fed up with how Fournette approached the season. As soon as adversity hit and the team started losing, he lost focus. From Tom’s perspective, he’s making Fournette the focal point of the offense and that’s how he’s repaid (out of shape, slow recovery, not invested, etc)

This isn’t new for Fournette. Always had a slight sense of entitlement and doesn’t give full effort unless his team is winning. Was the same story at LSU.