2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

12 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

There's a ton of weapons that will be available on both sides of the ball. I have to give Mac credit for putting us in a great position to really put together a team this offseason.

Thankfully with what we have in Darnold and some other young talent if we draw in a great Head Coach we can easily attract some talent this offseasOn/ Maybe Bowles ends up as head coach in Arizona and we can get some picks out of him for some players here that love him.

The FA market on offense isn’t great.

lol Jamal will try to recruit all the top prospects. 

Now that I've done my homework, I'm fine with Brown OR Bell. I'm more on Bell just because we'll have a RB that doesn't have to leave the field and will make it harder for LB's to cover Herndon. 

Because of WRs like Metcalf, Johnson, Preston Williams, Harmon, Harry, Whiteside, and Butler being in this draft, I feel good about getting a WR and developing them to be a #1 for Sam. I just found about Butler, but he and Metcalf are my top 2 options. Butler got me wanting to change my whole mock draft. 

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not really.  Look at Tavon.  He was a borderline 1st rounder until the combine.

That was also probably the weakest draft I've seen as a fan and it turned out to be a mistake for the Rams. I dont see him going before Metcalf or Harry and I don't see them going top 10.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

That was also probably the weakest draft I've seen as a fan and it turned out to be a mistake for the Rams. I dont see him going before Metcalf or Harry and I don't see them going top 10.

Ok, here's another guy overdrafted.  John Ross.  Also, not a strong WR draft, but Ross was considered a late 1st/early 2nd rounder until the combine.  There's a long list of combine monsters who go from being late 1st rounders to early 1st round picks.  I think Hollywood could be one of those guys if he runs in the 4.3's like most expect.  The Bills are going to look at Allen's monster arm and him pushing the ball downfield to a guy with this speed.  I'm hoping i'm wrong because I'd love for us to pick up more picks and nab him in the 2nd, but I don't think it's that crazy to have his ceiling that high.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, SDotNova said:

What is Antonio Brown worth though? He is 30 years old and likely has 3 or 4 more years of high quality play. The Steelers would have to eat $21M of dead money if they trade him. But the receiving team would only be on the hook for roughly $12M per year over 3 years. 

I think our 3rd overall pick is too much to give up. The only way it would make sense for us is 3rd overall for Brown and the 20th overall. Otherwise, I would rather us trade back and grab one of the many receivers in this draft. They likely won't be as good as Brown, but we would have that player for much longer. Or just take Josh Allen or Jonah Williams at pick 3 and grab best available WR with our 3rd round pick. 

Not sure that trade makes sense for the Steelers though unless they want one of the top DL players or if they want Josh Allen. If they pair a guy like Josh Allen with TJ Watt, that would be pretty scary. If I am them though, I would try and get a first in the teens straight up. They would be better off picking 12th and 20th than picking 3rd. 

I’d trade back, acquire a 2nd rd pick at the very least (that way we have a pick in every round), then offer up the 1st rd pick (somewhere in the teens).

Offer the 1st straight up, or offer the 2nd + Darron Lee or Leo on the tag

Edited by DowNY
  • Like 1