2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Me too.... this happened like 11 hours ago though.  You can't be linking things and making me think something new is happening.... come on man lol.

haha. I'm late. I've been following this thread all day and didn't see anyone post it. 

As it stands now I’m optimistic the jets will get Paradis and Bell.

Paradis I think might have already agreed... just maybe ironing out some verbiage being his age and injury.

Bell I think is waiting and seeing what teams offer. Trying to drive the price up. 2 biggest threats were Chicago and Indy. Neither really “need” a RB. Chicago signed Davis to go along with Cohen. So I think they might be out. Indy I don’t think will break the bank for him. They I think really like Mack and Hines. I think they’re a bigger threat to grab some Edges from us. Not Bell. I still stand by what I said earlier today. If we in fact have high bid for Bell. We should put a time frame on that offer for Bell. Telling him we need a decision by x time bc we have other things we need to do like Barr, Mosley, a different RB, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Off-season is officially an A+ for me now. 

Why does Bellamy put the offseason over the top for you? This is the first signing that's ehh for me. So, just wondering what I am missing. I feel like he is an ok number 4. We need a number 4 but I would have preferred to go the draft route for that roster spot. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Why does Bellamy put the offseason over the top for you? This is the first signing that's ehh for me. So, just wondering what I am missing. I feel like he is an ok number 4. We need a number 4 but I would have preferred to go the draft route for that roster spot. 

I hope he was being sarcastic.

• Like 1

Just now, DowNY said:

Really interesting that we’re hearing more buzz with CJ Mosley and not guys like Barr or Houston.

Houston is probably wanting too much money right now and no ones in on him bc of his age and his salary demand. Where guys like Mosley and Barr still have great years ahead of them. So they’re gonna get more attention.

Id like to see more of a killer instinct though then the approach we’re going with. We are high bidders apparently for Paradis, Bell, Mosley and Barr. None have agree yet. So the longer we let teams hang around... the more chance we lose out.

Just now, DowNY said:

Really interesting that we’re hearing more buzz with CJ Mosley and not guys like Barr or Houston.

It's a bit confusing. The plan on the offensive side is pretty clear. Beef up the Line and give Darnold some weapons.

On defense though, we are all over the map. Just get Bryce Callahan and edge like Barr/Preston Smith/Za'Darius Smith and call it a day. 

My rankings for the top 20 best FA available who we may be interested in: 

1. LB CJ Mosley
  2. C Matt Paradis
  3. RB Le'Veon Bell 
  4. LB Anthony Barr 
  5. DE Preston Smith 
  6. DE Justin Houston 
  7. DL Sheldon Richardson 
  8. DE Za'Darius Smith
  9. RB Tevin Coleman
  10. DE Ezekiel Ansah 
  11. CB Ronald Darby