2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Why be in at 16 and out at 17 makes no sense.  This guy is the best RB in football.  We transform our offense with one signing and we have more than enough to do it.  When you can help your young QB with the best offensive player in FA at a position of need you do it.

15 was my max for him. 

I dont think we get what he was in Pitt out of him. Thats my thought

Wow Barr doing that is a dirt ball move. I knew something stupid was going to happen. I'm stupid for trying to believe that the jets are getting better. Overtime we think we are on the right rack BOOOM the rug pulled out. You guys do know we are going to miss out on Bell and Paradis too right. I would be shocked if we sign either one of these guys. 

Just now, jetfan8178 said:

15 was my max for him. 

I dont think we get what he was in Pitt out of him. Thats my thought

Fair enough but I just don't see why not.  Still in his prime, had a year off of 400+ touches, motivated to prove he's worth contract.  I think he's got 3-4 elite years left in him.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Fair enough but I just don't see why not.  Still in his prime, had a year off of 400+ touches, motivated to prove he's worth contract.  I think he's got 3-4 elite years left in him.

Its all a hope, but the way he has acted, the album, I dont think he as committed. He wants this money because he feels he is owed it for what he has done. Not sure he feels the need to prove anything else.

Honestly you cannot deny that Connor did very well in Pitt so how much is Bell and how much was it the team? Reminds me of a recent Philly back that got paid and never looked as good without his team.

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

I was thinking the same thing. That way when players commit, they sign and that's it. 

The only reason the "legal tampering" happens is so that all the stuff that already happens behind the scenes can be talked about. These conversations were already happening before, we simply know about it now.

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

I was thinking the same thing. That way when players commit, they sign and that's it. 

They won’t. We’re mad right now but this helps the team that had the player. Vikings fans happy.

We would be happy if the shoe was on the other foot. These are grown men and they are human. If their heart isn’t in it, at least they have the guts to pull out before signing and not being happy, leading to a down career here.

I just cant believe how down everyone is over Barr.

Lets relax, we have made great moves already and its not all over. There's alot left to happen and we still have tons of $ and options as well as the #3 pick with a stacked draft class. Barr simply would have gave us more leverage. I honestly wouldnt mind a run at Houston.

(chris collinsworth voice)

Now heres a guy who will have something to prove.

Im sure Houston would have a fire in him to prove hes not done. And we only need a couple of years from him to really make a good run.

Wow how an off season can change in the matter of an hour. Lose out on Barr and it seems we are not front runners for Bell or Paradis. If what is reported is true its an epic fail on Macc. Not edge rusher signed as of yet. And miss out on both Centers and the only great offensive FA.

8 minutes ago, DowNY said:

They won’t. We’re mad right now but this helps the team that had the player. Vikings fans happy.

We would be happy if the shoe was on the other foot. These are grown men and they are human. If their heart isn’t in it, at least they have the guts to pull out before signing and not being happy, leading to a down career here.

I agree with you on this.  Pissing away $13 mil a year on a malcontent seems like bad business.  The only crappy thing is that a bunch of guys "have deals in place" since yesterday's news broke.  Leaves us holding the bag and the second year in a row Mike has been burned in favor of the Vikings.  It's also the 3rd time we have been used recently as a stepping stone for a bigger contract.  Getting tired of being a trampoline and/or doormat.

Archived