2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Think that was sarcasm from @Abe56

No sarcasm here.  Williams is a free agent next year and will demand mega money thats hes not nearly worthy of.  He was outplayed last year by Anderson and indications seem to be he is coming back, so that solidifies one side and just hope a guy like Shepherd is ready to step up at other spot.   DE in this defense is least important on the field, we need edge rushers so when it comes draft time, really need to walk out with either Bosa or Allen and if we stay put, our next pick isnt till 3rd round and it will be tough to find a center thats ready to start immediately there, maybe it can be done but its tough.

We need more draft equity and of the guys on the roster Williams and Lee or best choices to get it

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Probably reading too much into it... but I think a big part of why Paradis didn’t sign is that we in fact aren’t getting Bell. He’s a vet who wants to win. I’m sure he wanted to sign here if we added talent to compete. Sadly Bell is really the only guy that can answer that for us. Paradis asks if we added him... we say no. Paradis goes elsewhere. Mccaffrey and Can are leaped and bounds better than Darnold and Crowell.

You’re reading too much into it. This isn’t the NBA

Just now, Abe56 said:

No sarcasm here.  Williams is a free agent next year and will demand mega money thats hes not nearly worthy of.  He was outplayed last year by Anderson and indications seem to be he is coming back, so that solidifies one side and just hope a guy like Shepherd is ready to step up at other spot.   DE in this defense is least important on the field, we need edge rushers so when it comes draft time, really need to walk out with either Bosa or Allen and if we stay put, our next pick isnt till 3rd round and it will be tough to find a center thats ready to start immediately there, maybe it can be done but its tough.

We need more draft equity and of the guys on the roster Williams and Lee or best choices to get it

Rather trade Lee.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Sullivan was born in NY too so could be an option to bring him home. Was he good for the Rams last year? 

Nope, but let him start and draft Elgton Jenkins at 68 and groom him.

Just now, Abe56 said:

I wouldn’t trade Leo personally. Not unless it’s for a stud player in a key position. We had Paradis and Morse in FA with 80+mil in cap room. Shouldn’t even have to worry about trading for guys at this point. 

Yea whatever. Don’t care too much about broken leg Paradis. Been saying all day that I rather draft a dude + sign Bell over signing Paradis to a super big deal. Keep that porcupine racing away.

I am so glad I am not twitter head.   I don't need my blood pressure to go up and down based on some tweet.     The NFL season has not even officially started and the naysayers think the Jets season is already lost while calling for Maccagnan's head based on rumors because a couple of players decided to sign with another team. LMAO.   I am not a big fan of Maccagnan but since he is the Jets GM I have no choice but to give him a chance to improve the team again.  The success of the Jets does not depend on Matt Paradis.    The draft is another way to fill the C position.  If first you don't succeed try try again.    I'll patiently wait until the official signings begin.  

Here is the scorecard of Maccagnan's  "rumored" efforts to sign players over the past 2 days:

LG Kelechi Osemele trade  - HIT

WR Jamison Crowder signed.  - HIT

LB C.J Mosley signed - HIT

LB Anthon Barr - Deal in place but player changed mind - MISS

DB Darryl Roberts signed - HIT

RB - LeVeon Bell - Still in negotiation - TBD

C Matt Paradis - May have never contacted (Twitter speculation) - TBD

C Mitch Morse - Never contacted

From my tally Maccagnan has been able to "close" on every player the Jets negotiated with except for Anthony Barr.  Not Maccagnan's fault Barr changed his mind with a deal agreed upon.  Not a perfect record but I am happy with what Maccagnan has accomplished so far.  

Archived