• CB Pierre Desir
  • CB Darqueze Dennard
  • CB Jason Verrett 
  • CB Bryce Callahan
  • CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun
  • S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 
  • S George Iloka
  • S Johnathan Cyprien 

Hey can i get any info on James Carpenter while he was with the Jets.  Was he a complete waste of space like a JR Sweezy type player or a Wes Schwietzer for the Falcons.  or was Carpenter actually pretty adequate and was a solid value signing to upgrade us a bit at 4 yrs 21 mil like 5 mil a year or so.  Thanks for any info and congrats on bringing in Bell big time get there fam.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Hey can i get any info on James Carpenter while he was with the Jets.  Was he a complete waste of space like a JR Sweezy type player or a Wes Schwietzer for the Falcons.  or was Carpenter actually pretty adequate and was a solid value signing to upgrade us a bit at 4 yrs 21 mil like 5 mil a year or so.  Thanks for any info and congrats on bringing in Bell big time get there fam.

He was good his first two years when we ran more of a man/power scheme, but took a step back when we implemented a ZBS

Just now, jetskid007 said:

He was good his first two years when we ran more of a man/power scheme, but took a step back when we implemented a ZBS

I dunno if this is good or bad yet for us :D   The last few years we ran the ZBS under Shanny and Sark.  But under Koetter when he was 1st here we ran more of a powerstyle  run scheme with 4 wides.   Im leaning toward us going more power again with the additions of carpenter and Jamon brown who are 325 and like 345.  Theirs no way they keep ZBS with those 2 additions right?

19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Defensively I feel like we’re really unbalanced. 

A ton of resources at ILB, DL and S. 

Rarely any at EDGE and Corner. 

I would take that Barr money and go after Darby and an EDGE. 

That would at least solidify the defense for now. 

Isn't Darby coming off a bad Injury, if I'm mistaken tho hope we can go get him.

Any Decent Edges left in Free Agency?

6 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Isn't Darby coming off a bad Injury, if I'm mistaken tho hope we can go get him.

Any Decent Edges left in Free Agency?

Justin Houston

Nick Perry (if you would consider him decent)

3 hours ago, famousj said:

Here is the scorecard of Maccagnan's  "rumored" efforts to sign players over the past 2 days:

LG Kelechi Osemele trade  - HIT

WR Jamison Crowder signed.  - HIT

LB C.J Mosley signed - HIT

LB Anthon Barr - Deal in place but player changed mind - MISS

DB Darryl Roberts signed - HIT

RB - LeVeon Bell - Still in negotiation - HIT

C Matt Paradis - May have never contacted (Twitter speculation) - TBD

C Mitch Morse - Never contacted

Fans should be pleased with what Maccagnan has done so far.  More work needs to be done.  It is ONLY Day 1 of free agency.  Jets have to go to the draft for Center.   There are still EDGE and CBs to be signed.  Expect the Jets to jettison Crowell and Darren Lee to free up space for more deals.

Lol that only  62.5%. Seriously I think the misses at center and edge are bigger than the hits. We are hoping Osemele bounces back, so it being a hit is really more a tba. Crowder is a nice player and probably good for 60 receptions. Mosely is also a great pick up but was not a real need and cost more than what Edge rushers Barr, the Smiths, Flowers, Graham and Fowler are reporting receiving. I think what we do with Lee will factor into how good a pickup  Mosely is.  Bell was a great signing especially for the money. Resigning H Anderson and Roberts were good moves.  But, I went into this free agency hoping for a top center, guard and edge rusher, we missed on 2 and , imo, have a question at the third. 

It sort of leaves us with a real dilemma. Who is our Center. There are a number of edge rushers we can pick up in the draft in the 1st but unless we trade down and pick up a 2nd, I will be deeply concerned about who we will be starting at the Center position. It’s a major fail, imo, especially after cutting Long, i thought we would prioritize the center position in free agency.

Bell was such a great signing and I’m thrilled we’ve got him on that contract too.

However currently our right side/centre of our o-line looks like.....Harrison-Winters-Shell.

Our starting outside linebackers are Jenkins & Luvu.

Starting corners are: 

Johnson-Nickerson-Roberts.

Thats three position groups I want to see a huge upgrade in over the next few days. Ideally we sign one player from each group and then draft BPA. 

How unrealistic is us signing a vet like Sullivan (drafting a C), either Ansah/Houston and then Darby/Callahan? 

Dee Ford went for a 2020 2nd.

Demarcus Lawerence doesn’t want to be on the tag. What would y’all offer for him?

I’d offer a conditional 2020 1st and one of our 3rds this draft. Not sure if that’s too much or enough at all.

Archived