2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Great point.  

Two things I have read about Williams defense is that he loves to stunt with his DT's and he loves to drop OLB's in coverage.  To your point about scheme versatile I think that makes Allen and Q highly attractive options and if Q does wind up going #2 we could have a split in the FO.  I think Mac will want Bosa and Williams will want Allen. 

Allen can rush and cover which will appeal to Williams and Q can play NT or 3-tech in a 3 or 4 man front.  Either would be a fantastic and versatile pick.  As good as people make Bosa out to be I don't think he is kicking inside on passing downs or dropping into coverage which limits him.

It's really Allen, Q, or trade down for me.

Bosa can kick inside with ease.  It is space that is weakness for him.   Also, there are not many LB that offer quality of cover skill in this draft class.  That makes Allen the strongest coveted target for both Jets and Gregg Williams.

Quinnen Williams could work in Gregg Williams' scheme but they have CB problem. Without a solid CB, DL is basically normal, which will make Williams a wasted pick.

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Do you think Gregg Williams will change his mind and make a switch on defense for 2020 season?  

From my understanding he’s used a ton of fronts but over the past few years he’s been a heavy 4-3 man(Saints, Rams, Browns)

Personnel matters obviously and Macc has typically drafted 3-4 personnel so we’ll see. 

I just want more speed and I think the 4-3 is better since the players are smaller and quicker. However Williams prefers smaller players regardless of defensive alignment. 

36 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Bosa can be a good stand up Rush LB however he’ll make his living with his hand in the dirt. 

I agree. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter. Bosa shouldn’t be dropping back in coverage. Allen can, but you don’t want him doing that. But Bosa should be rushing the passer. Whether he chooses to stand up or not is up to him. Ya it shows our cards. But it would be nothing a team wouldn’t already know from film anyway.

On a side note anyone see how Allen stands up? Before he rushes from the edge he looks like he’s about to block someone out in basketball before rushing. Giving him and advantage from a dip and hips already turned perspective

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Great point.  

Two things I have read about Williams defense is that he loves to stunt with his DT's and he loves to drop OLB's in coverage.  To your point about scheme versatile I think that makes Allen and Q highly attractive options and if Q does wind up going #2 we could have a split in the FO.  I think Mac will want Bosa and Williams will want Allen. 

Allen can rush and cover which will appeal to Williams and Q can play NT or 3-tech in a 3 or 4 man front.  Either would be a fantastic and versatile pick.  As good as people make Bosa out to be I don't think he is kicking inside on passing downs or dropping into coverage which limits him.

It's really Allen, Q, or trade down for me.

There is some good tape of Allen running stunts and being really good at it.  He has the size to play with his hand in the dirt if he needs to, and the speed to destroy stunts.  As far as Q(who i am a huge fan of) I don't even see the point of running him on stunts.  He wins so many match ups quickly that he will get into the backfield faster on a straight up rush than if he stunts.  Though he has the speed to do it. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Redskins have interest in trading up for Haskins per Daniel Jeremiah

If they want to move from 15 to 3, its going to have to cost them more than it cost us to move 3 spots last year. Their 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year, and next years 1st. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If they want to move from 15 to 3, its going to have to cost them more than it cost us to move 3 spots last year. Their 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year, and next years 1st. 

That is if Redskins are hilariously worrying about Giants grabbing Haskins. Otherwise, I don't see Redskins have balls to trade up that much.  3 or 4 spots are more likely.

I have said this from day one. As the draft inches closer the price of the 3rd pick increases. People start to panic and pick a young QB to buy them time. I'm still sticking with my original thought.

The Cards tried really hard to trade Rosen mainly because his personality just does not fit in a locker room. They where only offered 3rd round picks for him. The Cards then try to trade the pick but the price is to low on it too. They are forced to keep Rosen and the pick. 

1. Cards  -  Bosa

2. 49ers - QWill

3. Jets - The jets are getting all kinds of calls and the Jets trade the pick to the Raiders for pick 4 and 24 this year.

3. Raiders - K. Murray.  They want this guy because Gruden loves him ad he will sell all kinds of tickets to open the 2020 season in Vegas.

4. Jets -  Josh Allen  We get our edge guys for years to come

24 Jets - Bradbury  He will start and be the Jets C for the next 10 years and be like Saturday and Manning combo.

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have said this from day one. As the draft inches closer the price of the 3rd pick increases. People start to panic and pick a young QB to buy them time. I'm still sticking with my original thought.

The Cards tried really hard to trade Rosen mainly because his personality just does not fit in a locker room. They where only offered 3rd round picks for him. The Cards then try to trade the pick but the price is to low on it too. They are forced to keep Rosen and the pick. 

1. Cards  -  Bosa

2. 49ers - QWill

3. Jets - The jets are getting all kinds of calls and the Jets trade the pick to the Raiders for pick 4 and 24 this year.

3. Raiders - K. Murray.  They want this guy because Gruden loves him ad he will sell all kinds of tickets to open the 2020 season in Vegas.

4. Jets -  Josh Allen  We get our edge guys for years to come

24 Jets - Bradbury  He will start and be the Jets C for the next 10 years and be like Saturday and Manning combo.

I'm starting to prefer McCoy to Bradbury at C.  I think Bradbury is really good, but he is elite at pulling and just kind of average if he has to hold the point of attack against a bull rush... he also isn't going to get much push at the line.  Even if you are running a stretch zone concept most of the time there are still 3rd and 1's and goalline stances, sometimes you just need a guy to push a D lineman backwards, and that isn't Bradbury's thing.  McCoy on the other hand can still move well when he has to pull (not as well as Bradbury), but he can also manhandle some people.

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

it is hard telling who will be there at 24 but I think it is an OL guy like Bradbury, McCoy, Jenkins type guy. I think D.K might even be there and if he is the Jets will take D.K over a lineman. 

I am actually one of the people who likes D.K but I'd have a hard time taking him over O line.  We need to keep Darnold from dying, and maybe even give him time to throw the ball too.