2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

23 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think teams will use Macc's desperation to move against him and try to low ball us similar to when the Raiders were adament about moving from 3 in 2013 and only got like a 2nd in return from Miami. Trade sucked for both teams

Miami chose Dion Jordan over Lane Johnson

Raiders chose DJ Hayden over Nuke, Trufant, Rhodes, Eifter, Richardson

Still have to draft well in a trade back. That draft is a perfect example of why some teams stay competitive every year. There were 12 players that made the probowl from the 2013 1st rounders. 8 were picked between 17-32 and only 4 were picked between 1-16. All the prowlers picked in the 2nd round were picked by perennial winners like Pittsburgh and NE. This was somewhat the case for the 3rd round as well. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

If Redskins not trading up is true then it is only Bengals that may pursue Haskins.    Not much going on with Haskins really.

I would not discount the NYG.  Haskins is only 21 and could benefit from a year or two behind Eli.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

And Maccagnan successfully matches John Idzik's last draft.  o.O

That was a bad class but 9 of the 12 picks were round 4 or lower.... if we trade back we are probably going to end up with like something like 5 picks in the top 100

8 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Gut feeling? Rumors?  Prediction?

Gut Feeling. My gut tells me the league is higher on Haskins than they are letting on. He's a good QB. There's no way every team thinks he's not a good QB. I think there's a lot of smoke out there that is starting clear up. Rumor is Oakland likes him now. The Redskins likely are high on him as well. The Bengals are stealthy at the moment but they can be a surprise team. 

There's also a chance that Murray doesn't go #1 which will cause a frenzy. 

I'm just having fun with all the rumors at this point. I love draft season. 

Archived