2017 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

Lackey just plunked 3 guys in one inning of a 2 run ballgame.  White Sox, for some reason, thought it was intentional and decided to plunk Ian Happ on the first pitch of the bottom half of the inning.  I mean, Lackey is an idiot.  He's one of my least favorite Cubs that I can remember.  But he's never going to purposely load the dang bases on HBPs in a 2 run game in late July in the middle of a surprisingly tight division race.  You can question a lot of things about Lackey, but don't question his competitiveness.  

11 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Jose Altuve has passed Aaron Judge for the MLB lead in both rWAR and fWAR. #MVP 

I'll never hate on Altuve, he's an amazing player, but he won't win MVP with the year Springer is having and with what Correa was doing before hand. I mean Cortes getting hurt definitely helped his chances but Springer will steal some votes from him.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

63 wRC+ since the AS break.  Let the kid catch his breath and refocus.

Meh, he had a day off last week and we didn't play on Monday. I'm in the camp of letting him figure it out through playing. 

He's not in the lineup and we haven't gotten a man on base through 2 innings and 21 pitches of Homer Bailey lmao

Archived