2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

We need to get josh allen if we dont land bosa. We need a damn pass rushing stud.

I'd love to trade down and still land Allen or williams. Maybe bucs will trade up and grab Haskins. Wonder what Arians wants in TB. 

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

We need to get josh allen if we dont land bosa. We need a damn pass rushing stud.

I'd love to trade down and still land Allen or williams. Maybe bucs will trade up and grab Haskins. Wonder what Arians wants in TB. 

I have Allen pegged at #2 overall unless a team trades up to draft Haskins. I think it would take a lot as both Bosa and Allen will likely be viewed as premier NFL edge rushers.

I'm fairly confidence Williams will be there at 4. This class is so so deep at defensive tackle that I'm not even sure Williams is the best one.

I doubt Arians would take the Bucs job without liking what's already in the cupboard with Jameis and the rest of the offense. It's honestly a good fit and Jameis played well to close the year.

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

Wouldn't mine taking a offensive skill player at pick 24. 

N'keal Harry, Riley Ridley, possibly Noah Fant. 

Carr needs weapons around him.

I think Jared Cook is good at TE, I would like to focus on positions we really need like WR instead of making more holes we need to fill.  I do agree that Harry or Ridley would help fill some voids.

@daineraider We have a roster so depleted of talent that i don't care that we have holes after the draft, i care about us drafting guys that are impact players. And that includes TE, because Cook won't be a Raider by the time we are going into the playoffs.

So the last thing i want to end up with is with a Kolton Miller pick when you can pick Derwin James and a year later you have to conclude you have an average OT and a hole at S. Yes this is with hindsight and i was ok with picking Kolton, the point is i want the bpa and get 5 impact players with our 5 1st round picks. Overpay in FA for a few years to get ok starters at all the holes if we want to diminish the nr. of holes, but draft bpa.

7 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Wouldn't mine taking a offensive skill player at pick 24. 

N'keal Harry, Riley Ridley, possibly Noah Fant. 

Carr needs weapons around him.

All for getting carr a wr and of first or second. Not fan of TE as tes taken in first rarely make difference

Just now, big_palooka said:

TE class is deep. 3rd round feels like the sweet spot IMO. 

Yeah I'm ok with a 3rd or 4th round TE but only if we trade down somewhere and stock pile. Waller showed some potential and we can grab a TE fill in Fa. Much rather grab rb in 3rd/4th. And go heavy on defense.

9 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Yeah I'm ok with a 3rd or 4th round TE but only if we trade down somewhere and stock pile. Waller showed some potential and we can grab a TE fill in Fa. Much rather grab rb in 3rd/4th. And go heavy on defense.

I can see Hockensen being a Gruden/Mayock type guy. Beast as a blocker and can run the seam. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:
Gruden will get a first hand look at a couple of the top QB prospects. 

He's going to fall in love with McSorley, isn't he...

Interesting roster, overall. I think Daniel Jones the most to gain or lose because, right now, he's the only other QB I believe deserves first-round consideration apart from Dwayne Haskins.

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He's going to fall in love with McSorley, isn't he...

Interesting roster, overall. I think Daniel Jones the most to gain or lose because, right now, he's the only other QB I believe deserves first-round consideration apart from Dwayne Haskins.

lol... that was my thought exactly. McSorley is a Gruden grinder, we better look out. I like Lock. He reminds me of Carr coming out, he needs to work on his footwork. Guy throws off his back foot to an annoying degree.

Archived