LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Not sure why people keep saying look what he did with Bortles last year, its the same with the Titans and LeFleur, their QBs have been trash. Another tidbit we can look at is the Jags were the 6th rated OFF in the league in 2017 under Hackett, so it's not all bad. Difference this last season was their running game was trash and Fournette played in 8 games. 

they were actually 16th in 2017.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

His work with Jacksonville last year was impressive, beyond that not so much. I'll defer to LaFleur because this was his #1 guy, reports are he didn't offer Monken.

still, he got jacksonville to an exactly average offense in 2017. It's not *that* impressive.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

still, he got jacksonville to an exactly average offense in 2017. It's not *that* impressive.

Top 5 in scoring with a bottom 3 QB, I don't care what DVOA says, that's impressive. DVOA looks at numbers, not the fact that your QB is infact a freaking bad football player.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

They were 6th in total yards and 5th in points according to NFL.com

I don't care about yards. I like points and points as corrected for opponents.

Raw points scored on offense they were 9th in the league, when adjusted for opponents - their offensive was 16th overall.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Top 5 scoring offense with a bottom 3 QB, I don't care what DVOA says, that's impressive. DVOA looks at numbers, not the fact that your QB is infact a freaking bad football player.

DVOA accounts for points scored (9th in scoring, not 5th). Of course it doesn't adjust for players on your own team, but it's still way way way way way better than just looking at points scored.

The real discussion is "How good did he do to get Jacksonville slightly above average w/ Blake Bortles & co?"

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't care about yards. I like points and points as corrected for opponents.

Raw points scored on offense they were 9th in the league, when adjusted for opponents - their offensive was 16th overall.

Even then 9th isn't too bad at all

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

DVOA accounts for points scored (9th in scoring, not 5th). Of course it doesn't adjust for players on your own team, but it's still way way way way way better than just looking at points scored.

The real discussion is "How good did he do to get Jacksonville slightly above average w/ Blake Bortles & co?"

Why did people want Adam Gase? The Dolphins sucked the last 2 years. 

It was because most had them pegged for a top 3 pick this off-season and he took them to a respectable year.

If you coach an offense with Blake Bortles, Marquise Lee, Allen Hurns, Keelan Cole, Marcedes Lewis with Fournette as your only above average skill starter, that's impressive.

Hell even 16 is impressive. Thats a bottom 5 offense in terms of ability.

This was from Twitter (don't know how to embed tweets)

Nathaniel Hackett would be a terrible OC hire. The guy’s only good year was in 2017. A year when they had 39 defensive turnovers and held teams to 10 or less points in 8 games. I hope we find someone else and the Packers get stuck with him.

Archived