LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

So, I'm bored at work so I decided to listen to the LaFleur presser again.

When I watched it that day, I, and others, said how terrible of a speaker Murphy is (not to mention a loud mouth). Some, like @incognito_man (who has me on ignore, so someone relay this to him) chimed in laughing saying that's not true, etc.

Well, as I'm re-watching it now, Murphy has said "uhh" or "umm" 100 times in his first 5 minutes of speaking. Literally. After that I stopped counting, but I'm willing to bet the count reaches over 1,000 before the presser ends. xD

2 hours ago, Chili said:

DeFillipio has interviewed with the Jags, Kubaik is going to interview there soon too. I'm guessing Marrone does not call plays hence the interest from these coaches.

We're still in heavy competition with three teams who still have playcalling gigs open: Jags, Detriot and Titans. Miami has just filled theirs with Caldwell.

We may not be able to confirm our new coordinator until these gigs are filled so we may have to wait a little longer.

If we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel:

Wes Phillips (connection via McVay) 

Dan Campbell (potentially good compliment for LaFleur - needs a coordinator gig if he wants to be head coach one day) 

Shane Steichen (QB coach for Rivers- might be ready for a coordinator gig and now can be interviewed)

Tom Manning (TE coach but very interesting background as coordinator with Iowa State - now available to be interviewed) 

Rob Chudzinski (Available and most experienced)

Thinking outside the box we could get a rushing oriented coordinator to supplement the passing orientated LaFleur. Options include Gary Brown and James Saxon.

Not sure OC is the place for him but I would LOVE to see Campbell on the staff! A different type of leader than LaF IMO.  During the presser LaFleur came off as a soft spoken, lead by example type of leader (based off the interviews I've seen of LaF, which might not be a good barometer in his defense)..  While he gets associated with McVay, nothing in his mannerisms remind me of McVay who's a much louder, in your face type coach.

Campbell on the other hand reminds me a lot more of McVay.  A loud, high energy, hard nosed in your face leader who's not scared to get down in the dirt and battle with the players.  Would be a perfect ying to LaF's yang IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Slinky said:

So, I'm bored at work so I decided to listen to the LaFleur presser again.

When I watched it that day, I, and others, said how terrible of a speaker Murphy is (not to mention a loud mouth). Some, like @incognito_man (who has me on ignore, so someone relay this to him) chimed in laughing saying that's not true, etc.

Well, as I'm re-watching it now, Murphy has said "uhh" or "umm" 100 times in his first 5 minutes of speaking. Literally. After that I stopped counting, but I'm willing to bet the count reaches over 1,000 before the presser ends. xD

...and now I'm really convinced you're just looking for something to complain about.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

...and now I'm really convinced you're just looking for something to complain about.

Nah, I was actually searching for something LaFleur said. Nice try though. You wanna talk football or you wanna keep coming at me? 

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

Norm. Do me a favor and watch the entire presser and count all the "uhhs" and "umms". You really have to pay attention though. Some come at you really fast and often. You gotta really listen to some of them. 

I still haven't watched it period lol. Maybe I'll try but now that's all i will hear

Archived