LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Scangrello could be back in play.   Broncos are getting to interview him after initially being rebuffed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/report-broncos-get-permission-to-interview-rich-scangarello-monday/

I am going to guess that this could be a similar case to McVay and LaFleur last year... Shanahan is letting him interview in a spot where he would have control over the offense and call plays. 

41 minutes ago, Chili said:

I've been on twitter and saw some negative comments towards Campen. Mostly about him and Favre.

What's the story there?

Far as I can tell the story is they're both gone.
One long ago. The other recently.

12 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Nah, I was actually searching for something LaFleur said. Nice try though. You wanna talk football or you wanna keep coming at me? 

What do you want to discuss?  I could care less how many times Murphy says “ummm” or  or “uhh”.  Literally has no impact on anything football.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Far as I can tell the story is they're both gone.
One long ago. The other recently.

IIRC, people thought Campen was worthless early on.  His line struggled bad.  But, like with most coaches, as his talent pool improved- he got better.  He received too much blame to start with and is credited with too much success recently.  I really think he was a decent coach, not great, but decent.  He was MM's boy though, for a long time.  He had to go.

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

IIRC, people thought Campen was worthless early on.  His line struggled bad.  But, like with most coaches, as his talent pool improved- he got better.  He received too much blame to start with and is credited with too much success recently.  I really think he was a decent coach, not great, but decent.  He was MM's boy though, for a long time.  He had to go.

I havent caught the "All things associated with MM have to go" virus.
If the guys a good coach who's skills are (or could be) compatible with the incoming offensive scheme - fallback to: the guys a good coach and keep him. MM's not part of the equation for me.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What do you want to discuss?  I could care less how many times Murphy says “ummm” or  or “uhh”.  Literally has no impact on anything football.

Guess what though, you don't know that.

If I'm interviewing for two companies who wanna hire me for my services, and assuming everything being equal, I'll likely accept the offer from the employer who sounds intelligent over one who sounds like a buffoon. 

BTW, it's "couldn't care less", not "could care less". Just a pet peeve of mine when people don't get that straight. Unless, of course, you could care less. 

12 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

That tends to happen with guys like Colledge, Spitz, Barbre, and Giacomini. 

12 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Guess what though, you don't know that.

If I'm interviewing for two companies who wanna hire me for my services, and assuming everything being equal, I'll likely accept the offer from the employer who sounds intelligent over one who sounds like a buffoon. 

BTW, it's "couldn't care less", not "could care less". Just a pet peeve of mine when people don't get that straight. Unless, of course, you could care less. 

What? Nothing you typed is about football though?

Archived