LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

14 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wilde and Tausch both said sources told them Campen wanted to stay, but there is a "strong desire" in the organization to move on from anyone with a  long tenure from MM. That hurts.

Gross

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wilde and Tausch both said sources told them Campen wanted to stay, but there is a "strong desire" in the organization to move on from anyone with a  long tenure from MM. That hurts.

Campen/Whitt may be a good coaches but this is what happens when you hire a new GM. I would bet that if Gute was given full control, he would've let McCarthy walk before this season and hired his own guy.  

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

My prediction is that LaFleur is looking at for OC.

Shane Waldron

Aaron Kromer

Maybe Gary Kubiak

Absolutely NO to Aaron Kromer .. unless you want someone who punches 12 year olds for sitting in his deck chair.  He's also the goof that got caught leaking info about Jay Cutler and had to make a tearful apology.   He's a bum.

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Campen/Whitt may be a good coaches but this is what happens when you hire a new GM. I would bet that if Gute was given full control, he would've let McCarthy walk before this season and hired his own guy.  

I think Whitt is a fine coach, but I'm not too upset over him leaving. His unit hadn't performed well for years now. How much blame is on his is definitely debatably, but ultimately the buck stops with him.

Campen on the other hand, had continued to do a good job year in and year out and it's not like he was getting high draft picks to work with every year.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:
5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Gross

Yeah .. this deal sucks.  I'm starting to get the idea the Packers are becoming a clown show.  Getting rid of good coaches is a bad business.

Bakh was getting too complacent with being a 1st team All-Pro 

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Absolutely NO to Aaron Kromer .. unless you want someone who punches 12 year olds for sitting in his deck chair.  He's also the goof that got caught leaking info about Jay Cutler and had to make a tearful apology.   He's a bum.

As incog once said, Kromer isn't on my list. Never liked him.

There's an OL coach on the market that I hope we fully stay away from. Paul Alexander.

He produced terrible OL at Bengals for the last 2 years and then was fired. He was hired by the Cowboys to replace Pollack and he was fired during the season in week 8! Lol.

“There were times I thought ‘I’m a 66-year-old man, I might be able to get through [Alexander’s] practice,’” former Bengals offensive lineman and current team radio analyst Dave Lapham said on Lance Mcalister’s radio show. “They stood around killing grass so much... These kids are in their 20’s and he’s not doing anything with them. He’s not pushing them at all, and I’ll tell you. I know I couldn’t last [Frank Pollack’s] practice now. I wouldn’t last 15 minutes.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/6/18068354/nfl-news-dave-lapham-rips-former-bengals-ol-coach-paul-alexander-cowboys

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Bakh was getting too complacent with being a 1st team All-Pro 

What about Spriggs, Murphy, Taylor... I mean Campen was a great coach for us but it’s been awhile since we’ve had a player emerge like Bakh or Lang.

45 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

The ongoing purge of McCarthy loyalists by Murph and Gute shows just how bad they believe things had gotten in Green Bay under the old regime. 

Complacency and lack of accountability no more.

Given the job he did in Green Bay, glad for Campen that he landed on his feet in Cleveland with probably a nice raise as well.

It seems to me that when McCarthy first came to Green Bay, he tried to go heavy with zone blocking with Campen at the helm, and it didn't work well.  Over time things got better as they got better players, but I kind of wonder if the team wanted to go in a different direction due to LeFleur's/McVay's system using the wide zone scheme?

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

The ongoing purge of McCarthy loyalists by Murph and Gute shows just how bad they believe things had gotten in Green Bay under the old regime. 

Complacency and lack of accountability no more.

Given the job he did in Green Bay, glad for Campen that he landed on his feet in Cleveland with probably a nice raise as well.

I am thinking Cleveland is going to be pretty good in 2019.

With Cleveland's luck, they will be a superbowl favorite in 2021 and the season will be wiped out by a strike/lockout over the new CBA

10 minutes ago, deathstar said:

What about Spriggs, Murphy, Taylor... I mean Campen was a great coach for us but it’s been awhile since we’ve had a player emerge like Bakh or Lang.

Spriggs was very raw, SPARQ athlete. He made some real progress this year, but not playing up to a 2nd round pick surely. Murphy was a 6th round pick and Taylor was an UDFA who has started 45 our of a possible 48 games for us over the last 3 years.... McCray also is an UDFA who has made good progress. 

"Campen also has a close ally in quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The two will often sit together on team flights, dine, and hang out on the road. 

In August, 2016 during the Brett Favre Hall of Fame speech in Canton, Rodgers, wearing dark sunglasses, tried to slip past the 30,000 plus fans in attendance to take a seat near the front row, flanked by two of his closest colleagues with the Packers - place kicker Mason Crosby, and Campen. 

The winds of change are blowing through Green Bay ..."

That they are.

https://1057fmthefan.radio.com/articles/packers-offensive-line-coach-james-campen-accepts-job-cleveland-browns?fbclid=IwAR09wz4FCVbln0dgp_nhYNBn9JbW8-sq3cBdY_LpNYAZ3qr6Y_AKE5DKamg

Archived