LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I think its safe to say w/o being deemed too critical that MLF is lacking league-wide connections at this point.
Or - it seems that way at least.

Yep, I alluded to this earlier. 

His tree is blocked or moving elsewhere: Taylor, Waldron, McDaniel, LaFleur Jr

I'm interested in Hackett though, he did a nice job last year in JAX.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep, I alluded to this earlier. 

His tree is blocked or moving elsewhere: Taylor, Waldron, McDaniel, LaFleur Jr

I'm interested in Hackett though, he did a nice job last year in JAX.

Yeah well - and I'm not dissing the guy before he even starts doing anything - but I'd think the FO would assess his ability to draw assistants as part of his "hireability" (not a word...but expresses the thought).

Again - I'm just playing sit back and read cause I dont know these candidates other than what I read - but it seems top line possibilities arent heading our way. An impression only......

Just now, Leader said:

Yeah well - and I'm not dissing the guy before he even starts doing anything - but I'd think the FO would assess his ability to draw assistants as part of his "hireability" (not a word...but expresses the thought).

Again - I'm just playing sit back and read cause I dont know these candidates other than what I read - but it seems top line possibilities arent heading our way.
An impression only......

He's lost Monken (and we don't even know that really, Monken may not have been his guy after the interview). Campen was under contract by GB, so was Whitt. LaFleur let them both leave.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think its safe to say w/o being deemed too critical that MLF is lacking league-wide connections at this point.
Or - it seems that way at least.

Lacking? The issue is he is part of Shanahan’s tree. And the issue is they are in high demand.

Kyle is blocking him... McVay will block because Taylor is gone. Taylor is likely hiring guys unofficially.

he doesn’t lack connections... there just not enough to go around.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's lost Monken (and we don't even know that really, Monken may not have been his guy after the interview). Campen was under contract by GB, so was Whitt. LaFleur let them both leave.

This is true and appreciate the clarification. Just impressions on my part.
Wish I was hearing more guys coming our way - and reading good reports on their capabilities.
Its still early - but not as early as it used to be. Few teams are playing anymore so the field is pretty much wide open.

Just now, Green19 said:

Lacking? The issue is he is part of Shanahan’s tree. And the issue is they are in high demand.

Kyle is blocking him... McVay will block because Taylor is gone. Taylor is likely hiring guys unofficially.

Thats a good observation.

Just now, Leader said:

This is true and appreciate the clarification. Just impressions on my part.
Wish I was hearing more guys coming our way - and reading good reports on their capabilities.
Its still early - but not as early as it used to be. Few teams are playing anymore so the field is pretty much wide open.

He's got really good connections, it's just the NFL has a broken system in regards to coaching. You shouldn't be able to block promotions.

Just now, Green19 said:

right, so he's lacking other connections across the league. That's the point. He's limited to his tree, can't pull from multiple trees unless he steps outside his familiarity.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's got really good connections, it's just the NFL has a broken system in regards to coaching. You shouldn't be able to block promotions.

I didnt think they could.
Position upgrades (or potential position upgrades) meant you couldnt block them - including a nuanced "non-play calling" OC - getting offered a "play calling OC" (not that that applies to us.......)

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I didnt think they could.
Position upgrades (or potential position upgrades) meant you couldnt block them - including a nuanced "non-play calling" OC - getting offered a "play calling OC" (not that that applies to us.......)

I believe HC is the only interview that cannot be blocked for a coach under contract.

Archived