LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

I'm concerned at the consequence of Murphy giving the player council a voice.

He has potentially, unwittingly, gave them that little bit of power to influence the destinies of their coaches. It might make them feel empowered to undermine their coaches.

I wonder how many of them held their hands up and put the blame on themselves for contributing for some of the complacency?

By unintentionally creating this player power culture I wonder if this is scaring off any coaches we're interested in? Any coach should have full control of the players and with that one little move that unspoken boundary between player and coach as further been blurred.

Just a thought.

38 minutes ago, Chili said:

He has potentially, unwittingly, gave them that little bit of power to influence the destinies of their coaches. It might make them feel empowered to undermine their coaches.

I wonder how many of them held their hands up and put the blame on themselves for contributing for some of the complacency?

By unintentionally creating this player power culture I wonder if this is scaring off any coaches we're interested in? Any coach should have full control of the players and with that one little move that unspoken boundary between player and coach as further been blurred.

Just a thought.

Council is a good idea but not in the process of hiring. It should be used to voice overall concerns of the team but not hiring.

55 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just a thought.

For all the chatter about Murphy and/or the FO, from everything I'm reading he's comes off as a collaborator and communicator - who understands the scope of his power and where decisions are made.

He's sought player input on locker room matters  -  which is fine IMO. A post MM assessment was probably necessary and since MM wasnt around.......
He's sought out ARs input on potential coaches - not decision making or hiring - which is also fine IMO in so much as AR played an integral role in running MM out of town -- IMO.

He cant ignore the elephant in the room: AR. He had to hire someone he believed could successfully work with him - and - given ARs stature and central role on the team its prudent to get his insights on qualities he seeks in a HC - again, IMO.

The coaching hire was done in the FO and I dont think any players got the wrong impression.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Just a thought.

They didn't talk about specific candidates, but just the qualities they liked, etc. I see no issue with it, and honestly a bit of a plus to make players feel like they're input is appreciated. I don't know about you, but I always appreciate a boss who asks for my input over blindly barking out orders.

13 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

It looks like it isn't going to be LaFleurs Lieutenants. More like LaFleurs Privates. Anyone talented that he knows has been blocked. Now he has to trust outsiders to learn and teach his offense.

Mods please change thread title to:

Exposing LaFleur’s Privates

I fully expect to hear some movement with regards to Packers coaching hiring today.

I'm less optimistic with Hackett. Detroit has an open coordinator spot with playcalling and Patricia wants a run-based coordinator. Hackett seems to fit the bill for them. We're probably gonna have to look elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Just a thought.

This is common, we even had it at the school I was with, senior council. Your vets should be the ones running the team IMO. You shouldn't need coaches to motivate the young guys in the weight room or practice field, you shouldn't need the coaches to determine punishment for someone who misses curfew on the road. That all should be taken care of by the vet council. No doubt them blaming coaches is a lame and easy way out. Hope we see a similar shakeup of the roster as we did coaches. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone know if this was like a Pettine situation where he inherited all these guys or did he bring them to Nashville?

I'm not sure, but that same Nashville based reporter said it wasn't because they didn't want to join LaFleur, so I'm assuming they've been blocked.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wilde and Tausch both said sources told them Campen wanted to stay, but there is a "strong desire" in the organization to move on from anyone with a  long tenure from MM. That hurts.

oof....

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone know if this was like a Pettine situation where he inherited all these guys or did he bring them to Nashville?

Pretty sure he inherited most of his offensive staff in Tennessee. I saw it reported that he is looking to get assistants that he has more of a relationship with than just the 1 year in Tennessee. 

Archived