Reservoir Dogs Reboot Mafia: Criminals Win!!!

Malfatron

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

So it had nothing to do with Jimmy neutron?

No, but I was cheering you on the whole way when you made that connection I did not intend to make.  I was PMing Malf: THEY HAVE TO STICK WITH IT!  YES JIMMY DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

It was bcb N2 / N3.

I was trying to put down that I invested multiple people rather than the same person.  I knew people would get the Touch reference, I was hoping people would scrutinize the next line too.  I thought the day was ending in 1 minute so I just threw it together:

bcb, yeah, weak.  I know.  But I tracked bcb on N2 and there was no kill, which could be reason to clear, but it could also have meant he was blocked or had an even/odd split.  Instead of full-clearing bcb, like I did with Touch (due to tracking N1), I let it stand... Thinking that the other invests would get got rather than me.

The Jimmy Neutron reference was not pointed at bcb.  I thought scum might have NPCs doing their bidding after the N1 write-up and update, and Dome made me think... oh hey, maybe these people who don't have abilities really do have abilities and NPCs are doing the killing. 

Pickle reached bcb on accident, which would have been great if he put it together with the other clues about multiple targets, targets going nowhere, etc.

So, yeah, not my best performance.  Also, I didn't read the OP or anything, so I thought criminals were scum and we were all segmented, which is why I was lolcatting the start of the game, then I had to reverse track and make up a narrative that fit what was happening.

That was clever, I didn’t think there’d be something else in that same post. 

I thought et/bcb was a possibility but I wasn’t positive. 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I don't know a ton about KOTN, but unlimited kills for a newer player.  I don't know if he'd be cautious or absolutely savage.  Might have dodged a bullet on that one lol

Definitely my thoughts exactly. I do think KOTN would fire off one or two before coming out with it. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

That was clever, I didn’t think there’d be something else in that same post. 

I thought et/bcb was a possibility but I wasn’t positive. 

i honestly thought if it wasn't you multiple times, that @Pickle Rick could be on to something, the dude looks like J Neutron.

I just didn't think bcbs role was civ even if he was being honest. Infomants could be getting info leaked via the radio, that made sense to me more than bcbs claim+play

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think I did well preventing us from lynching dome 

You played very well and revealed your info at just the right time. 

Another reason I liked touch as civ, i didn't think squire would incriminate him. 

Just now, Dome said:

i honestly thought if it wasn't you multiple times, that @Pickle Rick could be on to something, the dude looks like J Neutron.

I just didn't think bcbs role was civ even if he was being honest. Infomants could be getting info leaked via the radio, that made sense to me more than bcbs claim+play

I was starting to wonder if there was some kind of an other or seperate player with a different wincon. Maybe something like someone trying to take all of it and must survive all kind of thing. 

MOVES

Day 1:

KOTN is lynched (Vigilante)

Night 1:

Pickle invests swag (sided with criminals)  = sane investigator

dome protects touch

whicker arrests touch (hit attempt blocked by dome)

Nazgul arrest orca (orca is gone)  orca was a naive cop

james invests Whicker (result: sided with criminals)  = insane investigator

swag invest touch (touch went nowhere)

gopher missed move

touch - no night action

squire - no night action

ET  (askes for the game ratio) = Gylcerine by Bush  (hint: 3 anti-town in the lyrics)

orca (invests swag n1 ) Naive cop so it would have returned criminal

Day 2:

gopher is lynched (50% sane cop)

Night 2:

gohper invests touch    (50% sane. Either receives positive invest or "move failed". I didn't randomize it because he was lynched)

squire - no night action

touch - no night action

Swag - tracks bcb (returns no night action)

Dome - protects touch

Whicker  - missed move

Naz - hits touch (protected by dome)

bcb (replaced ET) - what is swags role   (Where Did you Sleep Last Night...the hint is that someone is determining where someone slept (moved) last night)

Pickle - invests squire (sided with the law)

james - invests dome -  insane invest so Returns Cop

Day 3:

squire is lynched (mafia traitor)

night 3

touch - no night action

Whicker - arrests Swag (tracker)

Swag - tracks bcb (goes nowhere, but doesn't matter)

bcb (replaced ET) - hmm, which characters are affiliated with law enforcement  (Pearl Jam song "Deep",

Hint:most of the song is about naz

"Can't touch the bottom" is repeated throughout. naz is at the bottom of the player list in the signups

also, song mocks town a bit, and Naz always talks superior.

"On the edge
Of a know-nothin' town
Feelin' quite superior"

The song also references a knife, and Naz's avi has a sword.

The whicker hint is more subtle. that song is from the pearl jam album called "10". Whicker is the tenth player in signups

also, small clues

"Ponders his maker
Ponders his will"

john malkovich(whickers actor) starred in Making Mr Right where he makes an android of himself

and nazs actor is "Will" Poulter

dome - protects Pickle

Pickle - invests james (sided with criminals)

james - invests pickle (would have been "Cop")

Nazgul -- arrests James (insane cop)

Day 4
nazgul is lynched (undercover cop)

night 4:
touch - no night move
pickle - invest dome (would have been criminal)
dome - protect touch
bcb - asks is dome a criminal   (Play crackerman by STP) - Dome is safecracker
whicker - arrest pickle

Day 5:

BCB is lynched

Night 5:

dome protects touch

Whicker arrests touch (touch is protected)

Day 6:

Whicker is lynched

Archived