2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

14 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

If the Steelers don’t resign Alualu or a comparable vet, Steelers will draft a DL by end of day 2....they literally have no depth.

They are lacking depth at alot of positions.    Also lacking quality starters at certain positions too.   

They will absolutely either resign Alualu or another FA to replace him.    I wouldnt completely write off us drafting one on day 2, but you could say that about almost any position.    RB, TE, OG, DL, OLB, ILB, CB and S are all positions we could see drafted on day 1 and/or 2.    

15 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

If the Steelers don’t resign Alualu or a comparable vet, Steelers will draft a DL by end of day 2....they literally have no depth.

They should do that imo even if they sign Alualu. I appreciate his efforts but he isnt the reason you dont address the position/area.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

They should do that imo even if they sign Alualu. I appreciate his efforts but he isnt the reason you dont address the position/area.

Yeah, I like Alualu but he offers next to nothing as a pass rusher. I'd re-sign him and then try to get a DE that can give a little juice to the pass rush. 

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They are lacking depth at alot of positions.    Also lacking quality starters at certain positions too.   

They will absolutely either resign Alualu or another FA to replace him.    I wouldnt completely write off us drafting one on day 2, but you could say that about almost any position.    RB, TE, OG, DL, OLB, ILB, CB and S are all positions we could see drafted on day 1 and/or 2.    

I could see anything save for RB there...I can see a Day 3 speed back type...maybe TY Johnson from Maryland in that 4th-5th area.

Would prefer to add vet for DL...Henry Anderson maybe?

Let me ask everybody something this is sort of on the topic of the draft. Let's say for argument's sake that the Steelers put the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell. Le'Veon Bell Signs the transition tag. And then the Steelers seek a trade. What is Le'Veon Bell worth in a realistic sense what I'm saying is yes we would all love to get a first-round pick but realistically what do you think the teams that need a running back would actually offer?

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

What about pick exchange value?

I think Brown and Bell should both bring a 1st rounder.
I think it's more likely they'd settle for something like a 2,3 and future considerations.
Bell really should bring multiple high picks. He's so young.

5 hours ago, Displayname said:

Has anyone looked at amani hooker(S Iowa) yet? 

I've read more about him then watched. The consensus is he isn't a single high Safety. He doesn't have the burst to play single high. Cover 2 scheme will be his bread and butter. Which with Tomlin taking over could be in the cards. 

Archived