2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

Josh Allen or Devin White :-)

To me, you are looking at ILB, EDGE and CB.  Basically BPA from those 3.

If you go ILB in round 1 you will likely go CB in Rd 2 because the EDGE class for OLBs really sucks.  Same as CB in rd 1.

If you go EDGE in 1 then you could go CB or ILB in rd 2 based on BPA.

Here are 3 scenarios for the 1st 2 rounds.

1) Jachai Polite

2) Rock Ya-Sin or Julian Love or Germaine Pratt

1) Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy

2) Germaine Pratt or Christian Miller ( it is a big reach) or OX

1) Devin Bush or Mack Wilson

2) Rock Ya-Sin or Julian Love

If you struggle in the 2nd round you can go with N'Keal Harry or Deebo Samuels at WR or T.J. Hockenson At TE.

I can find a project ILB in the 3rd round.  EDGE is 1st round or a project that I would take day 3.  CB has good talent into the 2nd round and perhaps early 3rd.

WR class is very deep. 

A could of interesting picks might be Nasir Adderley D Del and C Gardner-Johnson Safety Florida  Chancey Gardner could be gotten in the 2nd.  Adderley will go in the 1st.

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Josh Allen or Devin White :-)

To me, you are looking at ILB, EDGE and CB.  Basically BPA from those 3.

If you go ILB in round 1 you will likely go CB in Rd 2 because the EDGE class for OLBs really sucks.  Same as CB in rd 1.

If you go EDGE in 1 then you could go CB or ILB in rd 2 based on BPA.

Here are 3 scenarios for the 1st 2 rounds.

1) Jachai Polite

2) Rock Ya-Sin or Julian Love or Germaine Pratt

1) Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy

2) Germaine Pratt or Christian Miller ( it is a big reach) or OX

1) Devin Bush or Mack Wilson

2) Rock Ya-Sin or Julian Love

If you struggle in the 2nd round you can go with N'Keal Harry or Deebo Samuels at WR or T.J. Hockenson At TE.

I can find a project ILB in the 3rd round.  EDGE is 1st round or a project that I would take day 3.  CB has good talent into the 2nd round and perhaps early 3rd.

WR class is very deep. 

A could of interesting picks might be Nasir Adderley D Del and C Gardner-Johnson Safety Florida  Chancey Gardner could be gotten in the 2nd.  Adderley will go in the 1st.

This is a good simplification. I'd prefer Baker/Murphy in the 1st but that 2nd rd looks shaky. Based on the quality of players combined, the best haul would be Polite and Sin/Love. I do think Adderley goes within the top 35 (Maybe top 32). CGJ would have to be taken in the 2nd as the 3rd will be to late imo. If he is the choice there, I hope LB was addressed in some way in the 1st. Otherwise....yikes. 

I give several names because I do not know who might be on the board when it comes up.

Polite or Brian Burns would be the 2 EDGE players that might be there at 20 that I would take as OLB.  As I have said, I think the EDGE class is about 6 deep  to real talent then a bunch of Chick replacements.  So EDGE/CB/ILB order would be the best but ONLY if Polite is there.  I do not think Sweat or Furguson can be OLB. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I give several names because I do not know who might be on the board when it comes up.

Polite or Brian Burns would be the 2 EDGE players that might be there at 20 that I would take as OLB.  As I have said, I think the EDGE class is about 6 deep  to real talent then a bunch of Chick replacements.  So EDGE/CB/ILB order would be the best but ONLY if Polite is there.  I do not think Sweat or Furguson can be OLB. 

You and I are on the same page here. While there is a drop off from Murphy/Baker to Love/Sin, those 2nd rd guys can compete. Your 2nd Rd Edge guys are not impressive. I think there are some Cover OLBs to be had there but that's not a skillset I covet in the 2nd. Which is disappointing because I think Baker/Murphy are going to be really really good. 

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

Anyone else want Hakeem Butler?  

6'6 WR from Iowa state.   

I would use a second rounder on him.

I think he will have a lot of trouble getting open in the NFL.  He is very physical in his route running to get open and runs poor routes.  I think he has a lot of David Boston in him.

5 hours ago, DR43 said:

Anyone else want Hakeem Butler?  

6'6 WR from Iowa state.   

I would use a second rounder on him.

I'm a fan. Depends what we want/need though.

P.Campbell and D.Samuel are both incredibly tricky to cover. Great athletes, with separation.
We might be missing that with AB gone, more than we think. With JuJu not a burner, might be about quickness as an asset.

H.Butler, I think, will run better than people think. The comparison to David Boston (mentioned) is actually what
some folks are saying about both A.Brown and D.Metcalf - who both look as if they've bulked up huge, on already large frames.
Butler, again, my opinion, is more Plaxico. Curious how he runs.

I like Ridley, but he's a bit similar to JuJu, so maybe he's not quite right.

E.Hall from Missouri is a lanky burner. Somewhat like Bryant, but thinner.

Oh, I forgot K.Harmon - he might end up being the best of the bunch.

14 hours ago, jebrick said:

I mention Boston because Boston ran poor routes and could only get separation by pushing off.  Route running a premium skill in the NFL.  Good route runners make an impact early.  If I spend a 2nd on a WR it is Deebo Samuel

Totally fair.
I also like me some P.Campbell in Rd3 or M.Hardman in Rd4/5.

Archived