Offseason/Coaching Rumors, 2019 Edition

TheKillerNacho

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Thoughts on Steve Wilks and Vance Joseph as coordinators? I have a feeling the browns will grab one of those  

I don’t like to judge coordinators based off of what happened when they are head coaches. There’s just too much going on. We’ve seen plenty of great coordinators stink it up as head coaches. So how are they purely as coordinators?

I heard Vance is following Gase to New York. He's also a pretty horrible coordinator, so probably for the best for the Browns. He had like the 31st ranked defense here the season before Denver hired him. It was utterly bizarre how everyone pretended he was some kind of defensive guru.

Wilks seemed good in Carolina but I'm not a Panthers fan so I didn't watch every game.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The buzz for the Fins is Kris Richard or Brian Flores, right now.

Personally I'd rather roll the dice on Bieniemy. But it seems Kris Richard is probably the best case scenario right now.. I want nothing to do with Flores.

I was team Bieniemy as well until I heard about his past...

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Thoughts on Steve Wilks and Vance Joseph as coordinators? I have a feeling the browns will grab one of those  

I don’t like to judge coordinators based off of what happened when they are head coaches. There’s just too much going on. We’ve seen plenty of great coordinators stink it up as head coaches. So how are they purely as coordinators?

I do believe Vance Joseph is intelligent and he comes off well when I hear him talk, but I haven't seen any results to indicate that he's a good DC.  I hope the Browns hire him...

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh...that all seems pretty minor overall. And quite a long time ago.

But thanks for sharing.

Nothing too crazy but a lot of things, the Colorado thing is what bothered me the most.  I still would have been Ok with him as the HC for the Bengals, but I bumped him down from my #1 pick to #2 with Todd Monken as my favorite choice...

Archived