Offseason Trades

Moose85

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ok. So what if the Jags offered a 6th rounder for Flacco, or Fournette? The problem is, it takes two to make a deal, and the Jags are not going to want to give up those picks. It's easy to come up with great deals when the other side isn't involved in negotiations. 

Do you have any inside information regarding what the Jaguars are willing to give, or are you guessing like the rest of us?

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

Do you have any inside information regarding what the Jaguars are willing to give, or are you guessing like the rest of us?

I just read a couple Jags forum about QB for 2019. Not a single poster wants Flacco, and they aren't even considering having to give up draft picks to get him. 

Their reasoning is, why give up resources for a below-average QB? They already have Bortles, they don't want to pay more for mediocrity. They need to build the offensive line before their offense can get on track again. 

39 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I just read a couple Jags forum about QB for 2019. Not a single poster wants Flacco, and they aren't even considering having to give up draft picks to get him. 

Their reasoning is, why give up resources for a below-average QB? They already have Bortles, they don't want to pay more for mediocrity. They need to build the offensive line before their offense can get on track again. 

So your argument are made from reading what some fans on a forum wants?

Seems like your flawed opinion on Flacco is what makes you doubt there could be any interest in him.

6 minutes ago, Danand said:

So your argument are made from reading what some fans on a forum wants?

Seems like your flawed opinion on Flacco is what makes you doubt there could be any interest in him.

Why is my opinion of Flacco flawed? My opinion is similar to that of fans of the 31 other teams. There is a contingent of Baltimore fans who really like Flacco, but fans always overrate their own players. From what I've read, cutting Bortles and trading for Flacco costs the Jags $35 million in 2019. I'm not sure that Jags will put up that money AND draft picks, especially when they need to rebuild their offensive line. That is why I suggested trading player for player. 

I never doubted other teams could have interest in Flacco, but I am questioning the compensation. You are a dishonest poster. You misrepresent my position intentionally. What is your motivation to spread disinformation about me?   

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Why is my opinion of Flacco flawed? My opinion is similar to that of fans of the 31 other teams. There is a contingent of Baltimore fans who really like Flacco, but fans always overrate their own players. From what I've read, cutting Bortles and trading for Flacco costs the Jags $35 million in 2019. I'm not sure that Jags will put up that money AND draft picks, especially when they need to rebuild their offensive line. That is why I suggested trading player for player. 

I never doubted other teams could have interest in Flacco, but I am questioning the compensation. You are a dishonest poster. You misrepresent my position intentionally. What is your motivation to spread disinformation about me?   

Quit acting like you're a victim of anything.

Several of us made posts, where we said something along the lines of "based on similar trades (alex smith for instance) we think Flacco could net a 3-4 round pick and X team could very well be a possibility due to a current need".

What you did was "we won't get what you guys think, because I read something on the internet".

We made assumptions, you said "this is how it is". There is a difference. You then compared Bortles to Flacco, and even though fans in general thinks way too less of Flacco, comparing him to Bortles is an argument most will struggle to back up.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ok. So what if the Jags offered a 6th rounder for Flacco, or Fournette? The problem is, it takes two to make a deal, and the Jags are not going to want to give up those picks. It's easy to come up with great deals when the other side isn't involved in negotiations. 

1. Well I guess that means that your suggestion of Flacco for Fournette wouldn’t work then since you’re assuming that the Jags would want to give up Fournette when they’re only willing to give up a 6th round pick. Thus making your suggestion and the assumption built on it quite absurd. One would then have to question why you would offer such an absurd suggestion? A suggestion similarly absurd as the suggestions you assume everyone else has been making to this point.

Thus in the above scenario presented you convolute your own logic presented within this thread. Did that answer your question?

2. Agreed. Which is why I stated that I wasn’t a fan of the Jaguars as a potential landing spot for Flacco. You’re the one who brought up Flacco to the Jags for Fournette. And I responded to said statement.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

1. Well I guess that means that your suggestion of Flacco for Fournette wouldn’t work then since you’re assuming that the Jags would want to give up Fournette when they’re only willing to give up a 6th round pick. Thus making your suggestion and the assumption built on it quite absurd. One would then have to question why you would offer such an absurd suggestion? A suggestion similarly absurd as the suggestions you assume everyone else has been making to this point.

Thus in the above scenario presented you convolute your own logic presented within this thread. Did that answer your question?

2. Agreed. Which is why I stated that I wasn’t a fan of the Jaguars as a potential landing spot for Flacco. You’re the one who brought up Flacco to the Jags for Fournette. And I responded to said statement.

As far as I know, the Jaguars have some serious cap management to do this off season, but if they cut ties with some players with hefty contracts, fitting a QB like Flacco and extending his contract wouldn't be an issue. Again, I have zero knowledge about cap management and contracts, just referring what I have seen comtemplated regarding such a trade elsewhere.

On another note, if people are ready to give up on Lamar Jackson after his bad playoff performance, the same people should argue that the Colts have to find another quarterback instead of Luck. He has had a really poor game as well despite playing behind a great oline (which has its difficulties today)

15 minutes ago, Moose85 said:

There seems to be mutual interest with Flacco and the Jags.

http://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-joe-flacco-have-mutual-interest-dolphins-also-an-option/

Its La Canfora, so I doubt there is much there besides the obvious we are already talking about. The guy has jumped on so many fanbased opinions only to see there was never something solid there.

IF we talk about Tannehill, Flacco and Foles, Flacco might end up being the cheapest aquisition as Foles could go onto another playoff run and become more expensive while Tannehill is a couple of years younger than Flacco and could be viewed as an option who could play more years.

I’ve honestly moved into the “keep Jimmy” camp anyway. Unless some team offers something crazy for him that is. He’s proven to be back to a high level. Probably not pre-injury, and he may never be back to that level, but he’s still at a high level. Hungry veterans are what make SB runs possible. Jimmy has been here, like Suggs, on some great defenses as a young player and wants to leave his mark as a Raven. I feel he sees this as HIS team and wants to make his own waves like the veterans did before him. That’s a powerful motivation to have. I’d rather we hone that and look to cultivate such motivation into a playoff run. He has more value to our squad considering his play dipped for the first half of last season and he’s been injury prone throughout his career. So I’d rather we just continue to keep him. I can’t see many players we sign providing better value. Perhaps Earl Thomas, but I get the feeling that he’s going to want to play for his home town team, the Dallas Cowboys.

The concerns around Jimmy Smith on draft day, I don't think we ever saw those concerns have any impact during his time with the Ravens. He seems like a mentor in that secondary group and while we could free up some cap space, having 4 strong cornerbacks is invaluable and make it easier for the pass rush. I am also in the "keep Jimmy" group.

Archived