BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Special thanks to @SwoleXmad for the dual work. He did R1, I did R2.

Louisiana Jazz 

1.1: Nick Bosa, Edge, OSU: I mean Louisiana's top 2 edge rushers are Sheard+Randy Gregory. This is a no brainer pick for one of the top 3 prospects in the draft and fills a great position of need.

Berlin Blitzkrieg 

1.2: Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky: Berlin doesn't really have a slam dunk pick that fits their needs, but grabbing a QB or the top edge rusher of their choice is in the cards. I'd bet on edge rusher but Rags getting drunk on draft night is always a possibility.

Louisiana Jazz 

1.3: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama: Louisiana's top 2 interior defeners are Hankins and Richardson both of whom are kinda blegh. Williams helps beef up a very weak d-line for Louisiana.

Louisiana Jazz

1.4: Devin White, LB, LSU: Louisiana's top LB is Anthony Barr and well that speaks for itself, an elite talent like white allows Louisiana to keep stacking the deck on defense while they find their offensive identity. 

Wichita Woodpeckers 

1.5: Jawann Taylor, OT, Florida: Wichita's greatest need on offense is young talented playmakers and sadly none are here for the taking, Wichita has refused to address the o-line in the draft in recent years so I don't think they'll go that route either but given the other options are DE/DT both of which aren't high needs they're pretty much locked into Taylor or the top edge rusher.

Anchorage Inukins 

1.6: Jachai Polite, DE, Florida: Counselor's edge rushers are far from the biggest issue on his roster and I could easily see him going LB/Int depending on how the board shakes out but Polite seems like the kind of player Counselor would love.

Wichita Woodpeckers

1.7: DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia: Wichita's top CB is Aqib Talib followed up by Eli Apple and Dre Kirkpatrick, yeah this is a slight reach but I think Baker is a top 12 talent and he fills a pretty big need here and given WIchita's smokescreens on DBs I think it fits here.

Gotham Gashslayers 

1.8: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State: This feels like the kind of pick Pheltz would make with his memory issues, this is far from a need and I'd expect Gotham to go offense if that fits their board but I don't see anyone of value that fits here.

Camden Hood Rats

1.9: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston: Oliver seems like the kind of player Camden loves to draft given his affinity for getting into spats with his coaches, He also fills a massive need next to Hicks.

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos 

1.10: Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma: Ivory's o-line has some talent on the outside but given Ford could end up playing OG/OT he fits as a flexible pick who should start year 1 and help keep Luck upright, Int is also pretty much a lock for them but I think Ford works better here.

Orlando Ospreys

1.11: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State: It's hard to find a pick to fit Orlando's roster given they're stacked pretty much everywhere except LB so they'll reach for a S prospect becaise I have a feeling the new owner will make a few mistakes this draft.

Anchorage Inukins

1.12: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma: Shocking everyone including himself Counselor pulls the trigger on the prospect Whicker would give his soul for, I have a feeling he'll go before this but Counselor's QB situation lets him take a gamble on a high upside/risk QB.

Camden Hood Rats 

1.13 Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State: Camden has doubled up on positions in the draft before, why not double dip at their weakest position in a strong draft class. 

Williamsport Soul Reavers

1.14: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke. - I have a feeling Williamsport will take their QB in this draft, Ben is 37 going on retirement/the trade block and they need a successor that isn't seen as a medicore alex smith.

Rome Eternals

1.15: Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan: I'm calling Gary falling in this draft and I have a feeling he'll fall right into the runner up's lap, he fills a big need and helps shore up a weak interior for Rome. Wouldn't be shocked if they took a RB given Gurley's issues or went o-line.

Hawaii Nightmarchers 

1.16: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State: Hawaii could stand to add an elite pass rusher given their best one is Ansah and he kinda sucks, Sweat fills a big need as well as helps fill out a loaded front seven for them.

ROUND 2

Anchorage Inukins

2.1: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU: This team is in the midst of a compete rebuild. Having addressed QB and Edge they can continue finding positions where their draft choices can contribute immediately.

Berlin Blitzkrieg

2.2: Chris Lindstrom, LG, Boston College: This fills an immediate need. Berlin is known for valuing early round lineman. A franchise QB is in the fold so you need to protect him if you want to win. 

Cuba Smugglers

2.3: Brian Burns, Edge, Florida State University: This is the easiest decision to make. My pass rush consists of Jerry Hughes and Carl Nassib.

Orlando Ospreys

2.4: TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa: No brainer pick. They don’t have many needs and he’s one of the top players remaining. 

Wichita Woodpeckers

2.5:  Clelin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson: This will be a tough decision because Wichita can improve in plenty of areas. Still edge rushers are a priority so if you have the chance to take a guy you really like this is a simple decision.

Berlin Blitzkrieg

2.6: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington: Berlin is pretty well rounded with offensive weapons. They addressed guard earlier but do have some issues on defense. There’s some skeptism with their LB crew but their high capital from last year still needs time to prove themselves. They do not have the same luxury at CB.

Cuba Smugglers 

2.7: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan: He’s from Florida and is one of the standouts at a position of need. If we’re going to become a high level playoff team we need to defend the middle of the field and he’s a great complement to Kyle Van Noy’s blitz prowess.

Louisiana Jazz

2.8: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa: Luxury pick. He’s one of the BPAs and this team lacks depth at the position.

Louisiana Jazz

2.9: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State: He’s got real potential as a starting tackle and did a good job at the combine. Jonah Williams was strongly considered here.

Berlin Blitzkrieg 

2.10: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson: They eschewed Williams in this exercise but they nab one of the few NT body types that can rush the passer. Three down ability.

Seoul Dragons

2.11: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State University: Sort of a dream scenario for Ted while he tries to find a long term solution at QB. We know what Ryan is about but his contract probably makes it likely he will hit the market. Seoul can afford a short term option in free agency knowing they have a backup plan in one year to restart its rebuild and remain competitive next season.

Oklahoma City EF5s

2.12: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss: As easy as Brian Burns to project.

Camden Hoodrats

2.13: Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, WR, Oklahoma: He’s lost some money by not performing at the combine. He remains arguably the best deep threat in this draft class. 

Anchorage Inukins

2.14: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama: He’s a good pickup here and a nice 1-2 punch with Christian McCaffrey. As of today without McCaffery, this team would be leading on Jamaal Williams as Mark Ingram is a free agent. 

Rome Eternals

2.15: Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama: Rome can afford BPA with good starters and backups at the important positions. Jonah might play guard which would give him some immediate plug and play potential for Rome. Otherwise they’ve got some bad experience without Tyron Smith being healthy. Here’s a long term solution to avoid the position ever becoming a need.

Anchorage Inukins

2.16: Nassir Adderly, S, Delaware: It’s well documented there’s an interest from Anchorage. In this mock the safeties fall a bit so Counselor adds his guy before the run.

Edited by MD4L
Misspelled name, format related
  • Like 3

Alright Round 2

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

1. Jazz- Nick Bosa (Edge Presence who the Jazz can use to get after opponents)

2. Berlin- Quinnen Williams (he insists)

3. Jazz- Ed Oliver (Bosa and Oliver give a nice Dline rebuild)

4. Jazz- DK Metcalf (Pair him with Mike Thomas and you have quite a duo at WR)

5. Wichita- Josh Allen (Allen falls into their laps here, can’t pass him up)

6. Anchorage- Jonah Williams (I think the Joe Thomas comparisons are somewhat fair, don’t think he will be as great but definitely worth this pick and I need a RT)

7. Wichita- TJ Hockenson (Get a seam stretcher and a heck of a blocker)

8. Gotham- AJ Brown (I don’t think he should go this high but they need WR help badly and he is likely the number 2 in the draft)

9. Camden- Devin White (Pairing him with Leonard would be beastly)

10. IC- Noah Fant (They have Leggett and Michael Roberts at TE. Fant tore up the Combine and gives IC quite a weapon)

11. Orlando- Dexter Lawrence (Plugging him inside with Kenny Clark would stifle a lot of running games in this league plus add some interior push)

12. Anchorage- Dwayne Haskins (QBOTF)

13. Camden- Kyler Murray (Hedging Bets)

14. Williamsport- Jerry Tillery (He needs another 3-4 end for his conversion and I see some Buckner in Tillery)

15. Rome- Devin Bush (Pairing him with LVE could really carry this D)

16. Hawaii- Brian Burns (Came in bigger than expected and Hawaii could use Edge help)

17. Anchorage- DeAndre Baker (It’s no secret I need corners)

18. Berlin- Greedy Williams (They need Corners also)

19. Cuba- Jachai Polite (Florida)

20. Orlando- Montez Sweat (Extra edge defender)

21. Wichita- Byron Murphy (Get a needed CB)

22. Berlin- Cody Ford (Big Mauler inside) 

23. Cuba- Garrett Bradbury (They need a C)

24. Jazz- Jawaan Taylor (They need Tackles)

25. Jazz- Andre Dillard (They stack up on T)

26.Berlin- Daniel Jones (Get a QBOTF)

27. Seoul- Greg Little (Need another T)

28. OKC- Chris Lindstrom (Defintely need G help)

29. Camden- Irv Smith Jr. (A similar TE to Engram but another weapon)

30. Anchorage- Hakeem Butler (I need another WR)

31. Rome- Jonathan Abram (They need a S)

32. Anchorage- Erik McCoy (I have no Center’s)

5 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

Here's Bens work of art. I Will take Cam's even if I weren't a Panthers fan.

NFL records

• Most regular season wins in a season, rookie QB – 13 (2004)[203]
  • Longest regular season win streak to start a career for a NFL QB – 15 games (won all 13 starts in the 2004 season, won first 2 games of the 2005 season)[204]
  • Most wins as a starting quarterback in first five NFL seasons (reg. season only) – 51 (from 2004 to 2008)[89]
  • Highest completion percentage, rookie season – 66.4% (2004)[205] (Since broken by Dak Prescott)
  • Highest single-game completion percentage, rookie season (min. 20 attempts) – 84.0% (completed 21/25 at Dallas October 17, 2004)[206] (Since broken by Dak Prescott)
  • Most games with a completion percentage of 70.0% or higher, rookie season (min. 10 attempts) – 6 (2004)[207]
  • Most games with a completion percentage of 80.0% or higher, single season (min. 10 attempts) – 4 (2007)[208]
  • First QB to start two Conference Championship games in first two seasons in the NFL (2004 & 2005)[204]
  • Youngest starting QB ever to win the Super Bowl (2005; second-youngest QB to play in the Super Bowl, behind Dan Marino)[209]
  • Second quarterback in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning, to register three perfect passing games during the regular season, and the only quarterback to ever register two perfect passing games in one regular season.[204]
  • Lowest passer rating for a Super Bowl winning QB – 22.6 (Completed 9 of 21 passes for zero touchdowns with two interceptions)[210]
  • Most yards passing in relief (379 yards on November 15, 2015 against the Cleveland Browns)[211]
  • Most consecutive 6+ touchdown pass games (2)[212]
  • Most TD passes in consecutive games (12)[213]
  • Most career 500+ yard passing games (3)

I like you because you are a fellow Panthers fan.

I agree with whick though. Cam has always bern a great RB. He has a cannon for an arm but his accuracy especially high is atrocious. He is the best mobile QB there has been.