BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

THAT WAS THE PRICE FOR 1.4?!?!

Oh my god I would have paid way more than that for Murray!!! I'm ******* sick right now@!!!

Hahaha I was very surprised to see how little 1.4 went for as well. At the very least a future first to go with this year's picks.

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hahaha I was very surprised to see how little 1.4 went for as well. At the very least a future first to go with this year's picks.

I think I was really the only one with Counselor trying to trade up to 1.4 so Lukic could not get a bidding war going. And given that I wasn't going to part with my top 3 picks of next year, Lukic had the choice of getting the best deal possible from me/Counselor or staying put at 1.4 and get a player he didn't necessarily want to take there. 

I got lucky this pick wasn't such a hot commodity after all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think I was really the only one with Counselor trying to trade up to 1.4 so Lukic could not get a bidding war going. And given that I wasn't going to part with my top 3 picks of next year, Lukic had the choice of getting the best deal possible from me/Counselor or staying put at 1.4 and get a player he didn't necessarily want to take there. 

I got lucky this pick wasn't such a hot commodity after all.

Lukic and I spoke briefly but never even got into any details of a trade. I have Murray ranked 18 and I like him, but I couldn't justify trying to move up to 4 for him.

Exactly. 

I lost the trade in value terms but unless someone came in with a great offer, it was a losing proposition regardless as I was either committing another 5.5k in salary to an unproven player who I'm not enamored with or taking below market value in a trade.

With this FA class looking weak at G, Zeitler's pretty valuable to me and I can easily package 2.11 with a mid-late rounder to get better value on another prospect in the teens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Lukic and I spoke briefly but never even got into any details of a trade. I have Murray ranked 18 and I like him, but I couldn't justify trying to move up to 4 for him.

You also get some benefit out of this as you and Whicker have one less competitor in free agency for Ryan/Jimmy G/Cam