BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

It takes a lot to win in December. I have a bunch of excuses for how busy I was last week. Personal life schedule has significantly cleared up and now I’ve got no game to prepare for.

It was absolutely not a shot at you but totally a compliment to Jlash and how he turned around a team decimated by injuries towards a Bizz Bowl appearance 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Also @TedLavie, Castonzo was the highest graded LT remaining per PFF (by far). 

My Center’s PFF grade was higher than my opponents All Pro PFF grade. The extra information and nitty-gritty things I was adding in write ups significantly decreased as the year wore on.

I do hold Castonzo in higher consideration than Whitworth or Miller. And I do think Castonzo is a good player. Probably around the 10th best LT in the NFL, definitely BDL startable. But I did, and others as well I guess, think NO quality DL was better across the board. If you had the same DL as them I would have said the same thing the other way around

• Like 1

I get people view it as 'serving no purpose' BUT am I allowed to make an onslaught of cuts right now? I understand their cap costs do not go away until the offseason but there is a large # of guys I know for a fact I am not going to resign and would like to just get that transaction out of the way, mainly cuz I'm bored af.

Also anyone with a spare 3D, pm me on what kind of trade you'd be willing trade it for.

Ben Roethlisberger, John Miller, and Donovan Smith are the primary 3 I'd like to trade in a "3d swap"

Edited by wwhickok

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I get people view it as 'serving no purpose' BUT am I allowed to make an onslaught of cuts right now? I understand their cap costs do not go away until the offseason but there is a large # of guys I know for a fact I am not going to resign and would like to just get that transaction out of the way, mainly cuz I'm bored af.

Also anyone with a spare 3D, pm me on what kind of trade you'd be willing trade it for.

Ben Roethlisberger, John Miller, and Donovan Smith are the primary 3 I'd like to trade in a "3d swap"

If you are bored try a mock draft

50 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It will serve no purpose. This year's sheet will lock after next week and it will be awhile before a new one for next season is created. There is a lot of upkeep in going from season to season it takes time to do that. 

I am taking at least 3 weeks off after the Bizz Bowl. Today is the first day of any sort of vacation I have had since Labor Day. I am doing little to nothing with family over the next 5-6 days.

• Like 1

Just now, SirA1 said:

It will serve no purpose. This year's sheet will lock after next week and it will be awhile before a new one for next season is created. There is a lot of upkeep in going from season to season it takes time to do that. 

I am taking at least 3 weeks off after the Bizz Bowl. Today is the first day of any sort of vacation I have had since Labor Day. I am doing little to nothing with family over the next 5-6 days.

What will serve no purpose?

Just now, wwhickok said:

What will serve no purpose?

Cutting a bunch of guys just so we have to track it.  This roster sheet doesn't carry over to next season. I would suggest creating a personal one for you team to make plans for next season. 

Edited by SirA1

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

My question still hasnt actually been answered. When does the NEW season officially begin? When is the last opportunity to make 2019 roster transactions?

Feb 3rd. Day after the Super bowl. Make it Official. 

Last day to make 2019 Official roster decisions is Dec 25th, 2019.